Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portland Timbers play against 8 year old with cancer and his team at their stadium

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Nice story to read,must have been great for all the kids and hopefully for Atticus. Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

tedlit

Nov 18, 2006
Scotland (just)
They're my "local" team. They sell-out virtually every home game, do all sorts of stuff in the community (as evidenced by that story!), and moved into a new stadium a couple of years ago after playing on-and-off all over town. Unfortunately, their new stadium is a converted baseball field, so about half the seats don't directly face the pitch. :)

MuppetMaestro

Apr 22, 2013
They're my "local" team. They sell-out virtually every home game, do all sorts of stuff in the community (as evidenced by that story!), and moved into a new stadium a couple of years ago after playing on-and-off all over town. Unfortunately, their new stadium is a converted baseball field, so about half the seats don't directly face the pitch. :)

The reason I found this is pretty much because I really like what is happening in the North West, with the Cascadia rivalry between the west coast clubs. Although I have to say I have a soft spot for Seattle Sounders as they average over 30,000 a game and when the derbies come around they can fill up the stadium to capacity. What's the reason for the popularity in the area? I mean there are NFL, and MLB teams around as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
disappointed to read that the kids won 10-9. was imagining a scene akin to the 'competitive dad' sketches on the Fast Show...

Welcome to mine, and now Jnr Stat's, childhood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here