Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking Television on Plane

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Heading back to England for the play-offs, and I figured I would pick up a TV. Since I already have everything I need in England and here there is no need to pack a suitcase high with clothes. I am looking for a new TV though, so are there any restrictions on bringing a TV (32") on a plane with RyanAir? Would be checked luggage so doesn't matter about the dimensions as far as I know!

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I carry alot of breakable kit with me on planes and I wouldn't risk something like a tv without flight cases.

You could probably get it on, but phone ahead. The cost on ryanair would be ridiculous though, and definitely don't do it at the airport their charge per kg is ridiculous.

in short - not sure what you are going to gain out of buying a tv abroad rather than off the net!

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I carry alot of breakable kit with me on planes and I wouldn't risk something like a tv without flight cases.

You could probably get it on, but phone ahead. The cost on ryanair would be ridiculous though, and definitely don't do it at the airport their charge per kg is ridiculous.

in short - not sure what you are going to gain out of buying a tv abroad rather than off the net!

TV weighs less than 15kg, and people seem to have had no trouble before purchasing the 15kg baggage offer. I will most likely call them though, it isn't expressly denied on their site, but instruments are, last thing I want is to ditch a TV at Stanstead Airport. I already own the TV, won't be purchasing one! I used the wrong words :( Did look into getting one here, but they are far too expensive, plus no sense purchasing something I already have if I can get it over here!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here