Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

747 cargo plane crash - Afghanistan 29/04/13

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wow. At the very start it looked like it was trying to climb to steeply, although I know they do go crazy steep sometimes. Do they know what went wrong? Could cargo have slipped to the back?

"747 cargo plane crash - Afghanistan 29/04/13 " Video says 2013/2/1 (presumably the video was wrong)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At the very start it looked like it was trying to climb to steeply, although I know they do go crazy steep sometimes. Do they know what went wrong? Could cargo have slipped to the back?

Experts say it was likely caused by cargo shifting rapidly to the back of the plane due to not being secured properly. This likely pulled the plane's nose too high, causing a stall just after takeoff.
That was just a guess mate, I'm not an aviation expert.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Shocking video. It seems like it stalled or something. How many people do cargo planes this size carry?
According to papers online, 7 aircrew died.
Nor am I, mate. Just read through the comments on different uploads.
I know, I was just joking as I had a wild stab at what could have caused it, and it matched what the experts have said.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What I don't understand is how on earth did the driver of the vehicle that had the camera in not say anything, no exclamation, no shouting, nothing at all. :fishy: ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What I don't understand is how on earth did the driver of the vehicle that had the camera in not say anything, no exclamation, no shouting, nothing at all. :fishy: ?
Oh good god. Hybrid and The Truth are going to be on here now telling us that the person in that car caused it. Do you realise that no car's in Afghanistan have cameras fitted. The only reason this one did was to film the aircraft they had sabotaged.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade

Exactly what I thought ....no exclamations or f*ck me in any language.....not natural

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

to be fiar you cant exactly hear a massive explosion either.... audio could be replaced.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
to be fiar you cant exactly hear a massive explosion either.... audio could be replaced.

But you can hear the vehicle being operated, switches, steering, other movement noises, but the person is vocally totally silent.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Wow. At the very start it looked like it was trying to climb to steeply, although I know they do go crazy steep sometimes. Do they know what went wrong? Could cargo have slipped to the back?

"747 cargo plane crash - Afghanistan 29/04/13 " Video says 2013/2/1 (presumably the video was wrong)

I remember reading that planes taking off from
Bagram air base have to take off much more steeply to put them quickly out of range of Taliban weapons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here