Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our first goal against Leeds

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Did anybody else notice the neat 1 touch football that built up to goal? I know it was only 5 passes but it really is a joy to watch.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Actually yeah. The more you look at that goal the better it gets. I think too much emphasis was put on the "mistake" by the Leeds player, I actually thought Barnes knocked it through.

Superb goal though!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
As soon as Buckley received it I thought he was going to do a Doncaster, shape his body and pass it across with his right foot. Great finish as well as the build-up.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
It was brilliant play, and Leeds...what were your defenders doing, Buckley was unmarked during that whole build up.

But their penalty, I just don't get it. Diouf was going for an acrobatic goal, so how on Earth did the ref come to the conclusion that Calde bought him down?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Did anybody else notice the neat 1 touch football that built up to goal? I know it was only 5 passes but it really is a joy to watch.

I still think Ulloa's 2nd goal (v Palarse) was the best one-touch approach and goal. Just watched it again and purred

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
i've also just watched the highlights again, Austin's challenge looks more like a red card, barnes muscles him off the ball and he goes and retaliates.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I still think Ulloa's 2nd goal (v Palarse) was the best one-touch approach and goal. Just watched it again and purred

Oh without doubt, this one touch football is becoming more fluent in our style, we're not so defensive anymore, it's the best to watch.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
i've also just watched the highlights again, Austin's challenge looks more like a red card, barnes muscles him off the ball and he goes and retaliates.

Leeds's 'appeal' got thrown out pretty quickly so the FA must have felt it was more than a coming together as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here