Votes: 97 66.4%
  • SIT ON FENCE

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Although I have sat on the fence for a long time about this I truly believe that now the time has come for the death penalty to be brought back for certain crimes.

IMHO
This would be sexual crimes or otherwise ending in the deliberate death of children.
Acts of terrorism ending in death or not.
Premeditated homicide of persons.
High Treason

Discuss !!!

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
It's the cases of people being found innocent around the world after they have been put to death that makes it a tough one for me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've always been against it. Probably always will be. That said, reading newspaper reports like the ones this morning, about the guy in the April Jones case, do make you wonder.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
I agree its a difficult one folks but enough is enough with some things especially child killers and terrorists !
Putting them in prison and "letting people do what they like to them is probably worse, if you want to go down any human rights road" ??

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Yes I voted "Yes" but that is the issue, you have to be 100% sure you have the right person. There's no "sorry here's £100, 000 we made a mistake option.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i think for crimes against children like what is in the news at the moment, and where there is just 100% evidence that it was commited by the accused then yes.

I think for terrorists, once found guilty, we should walk them into a field full of large Google mines filled with screws and nails, blind fold them and ask them to make there own way home.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Although I have sat on the fence for a long time about this I truly believe that now the time has come for the death penalty to be brought back for certain crimes.

IMHO
This would be sexual crimes or otherwise ending in the deliberate death of children.
High Treason
People that start fights at 50th birthday parties

Discuss !!!

You missed that one out.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

IMHO
High Treason

Discuss !!!

What has hardened your view?

Why specifically those crimes?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't trust our legal system, police or CPS enough to be sure that there wouldn't be any miscarriages of justice. And before anyone says the risk is so small it's worth it so we can get a few scumbags killed - what if it was YOU sat in that cell the day before they kill you and you were innocent ? Just think about it for a few minutes. It's far too easy to say it wouldn't happen to me.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think if it is brought back, it should be reserved for cases of:

Paedophilia
Mass murder
Treason

but only if there is no doubt whatsoever about whether or not they committed the crime.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Just something I have been pondering over for a long time it really upsets me to see these cowardly evil scum getting away with going to prison and having a life of riley ,
play stations, colour TV's, free education, Gyms, DVds, etc etc when grieving relatives have to live out hell everyday of their lives !!
Isn't that enough of a reason ??

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Maybe if backed only with DNA evidence as conclusive proof might be better then ?

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Anyway Wander hands why arent you at work stealing Giros ??

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
NO. Two wrongs don't make a right. We don't live in the dark ages.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just something I have been pondering over for a long time it really upsets me to see these cowardly evil scum getting away with going to prison and having a life of riley ,
play stations, colour TV's, free education, Gyms, DVds, etc etc when grieving relatives have to live out hell everyday of their lives !!
Isn't that enough of a reason ??

That's what I'm asking you.

You appear to be saying that because you think prisoners are having a cushy life, that's reason enough to have them killed. If you're putting the question back on me with the reasons of what you believe is happening, then I'd say that that answer is no. What you seem to seek is revenge, not justice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here