Cor luvaduck - This saturdays ref

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
062206trip1.jpg

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I just hope Karl Henry isn't frustrated enough to do a hatchet job Saturday. Something for this ref to keep an eye on.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
and once again we get Alexandra Ihringova on the line.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Didn't Barnes deserve his red card ? Did not look controversial to me.

It was similar to Austin's red card on Saturday , rush of blood to the head after being roughed up. At Hillsborough he was barged over by the Wednesday player with the linesman 6 feet away who ignored it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Spanish Len was given a yellow card after challenging for a header and the Wednesday player crumpling to the ground knowing the ref was going to show a card after Spanish Len gave as good as he got from the defenders in the last 15 minutes of the first half. Calde was cynically hacked down by Danny Pugh who lunged in after the ball had gone. One of the worst referees I've seen this season for inconsistency and wrong decisions.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Spanish Len was given a yellow card after challenging for a header and the Wednesday player crumpling to the ground knowing the ref was going to show a card after Spanish Len gave as good as he got from the defenders in the last 15 minutes of the first half. Calde was cynically hacked down by Danny Pugh who lunged in after the ball had gone. One of the worst referees I've seen this season for inconsistency and wrong decisions.

Agreed, but potential red cards aside, we should be more worried about what refs we get in the play-offs.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Just as well we have already qualified for the play-offs, scary to think that our season's work could have hinged on Hooper's performance this Saturday. Shame he isn't Reffing the Palace game.

God what an awful Ref he was at Hillsborough. Hooper strutted around the pitch desperate to be the centre of attention but missing the cynical stuff going on from Sheff Weds who clearly set out to get in our faces right from the kick off. Ulloa was getting a lot of rough stuff from Llera and co, but it was Ulloa who got penalised.

He also missed the rough stuff on Calde from Sheff Weds and then relished giving Barnes that red card. OK it was deserved but Hooper loved it. Thats when it kicked off between Dave Jones and Charlie.

Hooper's ineptitude ruined the game. Nothing was going for us and after that we just folded. Bridders got subbed and with Vicente, Lopez and Orlandi not looking up for the fight we looked toothless in midfield. Made Sheff Weds look ok when really they were there for the taking. So frustrating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here