Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laughing at Palace.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I have to say that I’m over the moon we’ve finished above palace (again) nothing sweeter than being able to have a little smile at my palace supporting friends after getting so much grief for most of the season BUT I can’t help but think all of the thread bouncing and laughing at their poor run of form is a little premature. These things have a habit of coming back to haunt you and as we could end up with egg on our faces IF they beat us or progress further in the play offs.

If come half two Saturday they are beaten and end up finishing 7th I’ll be the first to laugh at their expense but not before then or they’ve been defeated in the play offs.

Surely I’m not alone on this???

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Doesn't stop us revelling in their recent capitulation does it?

Whatever happens they will again finish below us this season and on current form I doubt they could beat Middlesboro with 6 men on on the park. For them to progress this season will need a miracle change in form that just will not happen IMHO.

Feck em I say.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
anything can happen in play offs, Palace will be far from a spent force and have plenty of match winners

Ruling them out is just stupid

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I think bouncing threads and bringing things up from what was said in the past (by both set of fans) brings about great banter, sometimes in our favour and sometimes our friends up the road so at this moment of time it's our turn to laugh.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Yes very wise words, they can't continue to be this bad....... can they.

Who know, bloody hope so!

All I know is In September last year I was unbelievably confident and we got embarrassed and before the game at the Amex this year I was bricking it but we ended up tearing them a new one. My point is in a derby, form is thrown out the window and it really is a lottery. I’d rather we went about it quietly confident rather than giving them crap before a balls even been kicked!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Doesn't stop us revelling in their recent capitulation does it?

Whatever happens they will again finish below us this season and on current form I doubt they could beat Middlesboro with 6 men on on the park. For them to progress this season will need a miracle change in form that just will not happen IMHO.

Feck em I say.

Hmmm not so sure. Finishing fourth is a fantastic achievement regardless but in the context of lording it over our rivals finishing fourth pales in to insignificance if Palace get promoted!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I have a horrible feeling that all these laughing at Palace threads will come back to bite us, if they beat us final league positions will count for nothing. Can we not hold on the gloating until its all done and dusted

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Fair play to you.

What do you make of him tactically and motivational wise.

Well I would have thought he would have been a brilliant motivator but our team look downtrodden, fed up and ready for their holidays. As for tactics, buy, loan and play as many forwards as possible. Against Peterborough I think we will go for a 1,1,1,8 formation with one of the forwards tracking back only for corners.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I have a horrible feeling that all these laughing at Palace threads will come back to bite us, if they beat us final league positions will count for nothing. Can we not hold on the gloating until its all done and dusted

Agreed, i'm worried!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've been quite careful in the posts I quoted on the thread about [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION]

He's been on here repeatedly stating we will finish below them and may 'crawl' in to the playoffs. If anyone has any crawling to do it's him. If we play them in the playoffs and they do us then fair enough, I'd expect some banter back, but you can't come on here and categorically state that Palace will finish above us and then not get stick when they don't.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Can we not at least gloat that for 75% of the season, automatic promotion for them was almost guaranteed, as stated by many of their fans.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Thats the only silver lining for me, we cannot do any worse than we are, so really the only way is up and every cloud has a silver lining

Expectation will be very low if you make the play offs which is a big concern for me. As much as i'd love such a big game between us in the Semi's or the finals i'll be cheering on Peterborough this weekend to avoid any embarrassment!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well I would have thought he would have been a brilliant motivator.

I worked with someone who was a player under Holloway and he said him and Martin Allen were the two most CLUELESS people he had to work under.

Of course, this may have been that he was out of favour so would naturally feel like this, but I found it quite amusing that he disliked the two managers who are best known for their public persona.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here