Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we get to Wembley, does anyone know how many tickets

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Season ticket holders will be able to buy? One? Two? unlimited (unlikely I know)?

I have some family who live abroad who would come to the final if I can get the tix.

Sorry if fixtures but if so can anyone point me to the thread?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Won't it be on a loyalty points basis; ie people coming from abroad will just have to wait until they go on general sale? I'm going to guess that, along with the season ticket holders, there will be over 40K fans on the database with a purchase history. It'd be unfair not to give these fans priority.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Won't it be on a loyalty points basis; ie people coming from abroad will just have to wait until they go on general sale? I'm going to guess that, along with the season ticket holders, there will be over 40K fans on the database with a purchase history. It'd be unfair not to give these fans priority.

Can't disagree with that, if we have as many fans on the database as we get allocation. That does assume a 100% take up though, which is unlikely?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's got to be one each given we have c22k season ticket holders currently, but you'd hope that...

1. It's done on loyalty points.
2. The club set an initial loyalty points threshold such that the number of fans that qualify equals the number of tickets issued. So, if we have 35,000 in the first instance, they set the threshold at 70 points (or whatever) so that our 35,000 most attending fans are guaranteed a ticket.
3. It only gets open up to general sale when everyone who has loyalty points has had an opportunity to buy.

By doing something like this, then it should ensure that all those who go regularly-ish can friends-and-family up and sit together should they so wish.

Let's worry about it when we get there though, eh?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Can't disagree with that, if we have as many fans on the database as we get allocation. That does assume a 100% take up though, which is unlikely?

Are you suggesting selling all of the tickets is unlikely?

I'd have thought we'd sell out our allocation pretty quickly

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Are you suggesting selling all of the tickets is unlikely?

I'd have thought we'd sell out our allocation pretty quickly

I have no doubt that we'll sell out but I'm not sure (hoping) that every person on the database is going to want a ticket.

As an aside, how many tickets will we be allocated? I can't see that it would be a 50/50 split between the clubs, the corporate area seems to always be half empty long into the 2nd half of most games at Wembley, so I am assuming that these tickets are not mostly sold to fans of participating clubs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have no doubt that we'll sell out but I'm not sure (hoping) that every person on the database is going to want a ticket.

Probably not. But every person on the DB should have an opportunity for a ticket, where possible, before we open it up to anyone.

There have been plenty of opportunities for people to get along to the Amex. I have very little time for those who decide Wembley is where they want to jump aboard the Gus Bus.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Probably not. But every person on the DB should have an opportunity for a ticket, where possible, before we open it up to anyone.

There have been plenty of opportunities for people to get along to the Amex. I have very little time for those who decide Wembley is where they want to jump aboard the Gus Bus.

Again I can't argue with that, the people I am wanting to bring have been to the Amex but as I want to sit with them it has always been when mates around me have a spare ticket so they have never registered.

Anyway, as you say, I can worry about that if we get there. At least my concerns that I may struggle to get extra tickets seem well founded :down:

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom

Bearing in mind, the OP was aimed at ex-pats, I think that's being a little unfair. There may have been opportunities but we are talking very expensive opportunities for those who are out of the country.

Again I can't argue with that, the people I am wanting to bring have been to the Amex but as I want to sit with them it has always been when mates around me have a spare ticket so they have never registered.

Anyway, as you say, I can worry about that if we get there. At least my concerns that I may struggle to get extra tickets seem well founded :down:

One of the downsides of swapping tickets isn't it; too bad.
West Ham sold 40,000 tickets last year.

As an aside, how many tickets will we be allocated? I can't see that it would be a 50/50 split between the clubs, the corporate area seems to always be half empty long into the 2nd half of most games at Wembley, so I am assuming that these tickets are not mostly sold to fans of participating clubs.

The majority of the corporate area (middle tier) is something called 'Club Wembley'

If a Club Wembley member cannot attend, then they can make their ticket available on an auction style exchange site controlled by Wembley.

For low demand games, they never sell, even for below cost price, but for high demand games, they sell for fortunes.

A friend of mine has 2 Club Wembley tickets, which gets admission to all England games, FA Cup Semis and Final, League Cup and Play Off Finals.

He could not go to Stoke Bolton a year or so back, and could not sell them for a bean, so he gave them to me.

But for the City v United final he sold the tickets for over half what his annual Club Wembley fees were.

It was bery nice - free booze and a free program and an amazing seat - for a neutral. If we get there, it is the last place I would want to sit!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bearing in mind, the OP was aimed at ex-pats, I think that's being a little unfair. There may have been opportunities but we are talking very expensive opportunities for those who are out of the country.

I missed that bit as I skimmed it, but it doesn't change my sentiment. Those who come to the Amex regularly should have preference over those who don't. It's just the way it should be.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Common sense would dictate that it would be handled in the manner Bozza says, if we get there. The club have put considerable time and effort into their loyalty scheme. I'd think more or less all 22,000 tickets will be snapped up, then they'll go down the loyalty point route Bozza has suggested.

Where there might be more of an issue is for people wanting to sit next to those with fewer loyalty points or day trippers. There will be plenty who fancy a day out but next to season ticket holding friends. I'm not sure there is much the club can do about this, short of implementing some complicated buy-back scheme where Wembley tickets already bought can be exchanged for seats nearer people who have had to wait before buying theirs.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
I live out of the country and have only ever been back for games when a friend has got me a ticket, therefor I have no purchase history.
The dilemma of us making the final and myself not getting a ticket has been driving me to extremes as buying a ticket from those rip of websites. I found one ticket for 248£. Now my misses has given me the green light to buy it, but still hoping I can pick one up less than that.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Common sense would dictate that it would be handled in the manner Bozza says, if we get there. The club have put considerable time and effort into their loyalty scheme. I'd think more or less all 22,000 tickets will be snapped up, then they'll go down the loyalty point route Bozza has suggested.

Where there might be more of an issue is for people wanting to sit next to those with fewer loyalty points or day trippers

Yes that will be my dilemma I think. Me and Mrs have ST's but kids and bro (who lives other end of country) don't. Whilst they'll prob have enough loyalty points they could be miles away. I could hang on and wait until the threshold when they can buy but the chance of getting 6 together by then will be virtually nil. Still, getting them will be the first priority I think, hoping as little as 20 points makes it!!

I'm worrying about it now and very happy to be doing so!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Club Wembley has a capacity of 17k so tickets available to clubs is 73k less what the league takes out for their own commercial interests. So we are likely to get about 35k. Some may be able to buy club Wembley tickets via the Wembley exchange but suspect they won't be cheap.
Think the upper tier has 48k and lower tier 35k.
What I would like an indication of is what the prices are likely to be! Still, getting ahead of ourselves here.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Still, getting ahead of ourselves here.

To quote a recent manager - failing to prepare is preparing to fail

I need to know before the ticket binfest that would ensue where I stand..at the back of the queue it seems :smile:

Club Wembley has a capacity of 17k so tickets available to clubs is 73k less what the league takes out for their own commercial interests. So we are likely to get about 35k. Some may be able to buy club Wembley tickets via the Wembley exchange but suspect they won't be cheap.
Think the upper tier has 48k and lower tier 35k.
What I would like an indication of is what the prices are likely to be! Still, getting ahead of ourselves here.

Although I am sure your figure for Club Wembley is correct, there are no tickets issued to all clubs, like in the cup, and I would suggest that the vast majority of league tickets for commercial interests are actually Club Wembley Seats.

Club Wembley is also the area directly behind the dug outs (think called Bobby Moore)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here