Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only Brighton fan who wants palace to win Saturday?

Who do you want to face in the semi?

• Palace

Votes: 43 64.2%
  • Bolton

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Forest

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Hear me out now.....

So we're either going to be playing Palace, Bolton or Forest.

Now out of them all Palace seem to be the easiest team to beat at the moment, so I don't under stand why so many people are hoping to see Bolton in the semi's??? Who are the strongest!!!

Surely it makes sense to play against the weakest team and that seems to be Palace at this stage and for us to knock them out will mean even more bragging rights for this season?

I can see this happening ..... Brighton vs Bolton we lose ...... Palace vs Hull Palace win ..... Palace vs Bolton Judas scores a hatrick and win prmotion :facepalm:

So am I the only person wants to see Palace in the semi?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I would like palace in the semis too but I think a lot of people hope they fail and miss out altogether which of course would be hilarious!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
For you are not alone...
Not alone ohh
You are not alone
You are not alone
Say it again
You are not alone
You are not alone
Not alone, Not alone
If you just reach out for me girl
In the morning, in the evening
Not alone, not alone
You and me not alone
Oh together together
Not not being alone
Not not being alone

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We should be able to beat either Palace or Bolton, so on a footballing level, I don't care.

I think I'd rather we played Bolton - we owe them, whereas we've already dished out payback on the Nigels, by gubbing them at the Amex and then finishing comfortably above them with a game to spare.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's counterintuitive though isn't it? You don't wish anything but defeat and destruction on Crystal Mighty FC and so you want Posh to destroy them, while at the same time wanting them to make the play offs so that we can destroy them. "Strange daze indeed." (Lennon)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Am I the only Brighton fan who wants palace to win Saturday?
You're not.
Hear me out now.....
I don't need to, you're preaching to the converted. Of course we could lose to Palace, which would be depressing, but we have a better chance against them than anyone else. And that's before you take into account that Dobbie can't play against us.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nope, I want palace in the semis.......what a night that is going to be.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's counterintuitive though isn't it? You don't wish anything but defeat and destruction on Crystal Mighty FC and so you want Posh to destroy them, while at the same time wanting them to make the play offs so that we can destroy them.
Indeed, the ideal scenario would be Palace losing on Saturday, but still finishing 5th, but that's not very likely.

Regardless, we'll get what we're given, let's just hope we win our semis.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm still scared they'll do us. having another shot at the derby may inspire them to play better than they have been

and if they win, they'll be edging back to form, on an unbeaten run of sorts.

no, I want them out of the play-offs altogether. We've only got a 1 in 4 shot of going up, so if we don't the last thing I want is for them to jam it and get promoted, or for us to have lost to them in the semis

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
You're not.
I don't need to, you're preaching to the converted. Of course we could lose to Palace, which would be depressing, but we have a better chance against them than anyone else. And that's before you take into account that Dobbie can't play against us.

I think when he said hear me out now, I think that was to any audience that cared to read the post, not just yourself.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think when he said hear me out now, I think that was to any audience that cared to read the post, not just yourself.
Do you mean to say that when people post on here, it's not all for my benefit? :eek:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Marginal for me but I'd go for Forest over Palarse. I think we can be highly confident about beating both but the fallout of a loss to the pikeys will impact on me greater than the kudos of a win. I'm all for risk mitigation unfortunately

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
While Palace are the team to avoid being rivals and several friends in Croydon / Surrey they are the team to play as current form is poor and they can't buy a win.

Facebook will be interesting for the next few days.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I never want Palace to win against anyone. Ever.

Ever.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
To be honest I'm done past worrying about who we play, it's time to show some faith in our team and think that we can take on anyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here