Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mention in a Secret Footballer article

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
In search of a gay soccer hero: The Secret Footballer on homophobia - CNN.com

If you didn't see it.

Yes, an article about homophobia mentions us. Some of you won't like that.

But anyway, I thought it was an interesting point about if we're in the premierSHIP next year, the issue will get a lot more headlines.

I suppose it will, it was the last thing on my mind when dreaming of the top flight to be honest. But he's probably right.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
He also mentions the chants he has heard whilst playing against us. As with the O/P, I had not really thought this through. But, I guess he is right - if we were to get promoted, it may well lead the authorities (i.e. the FA) to look into homophobia and football.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
A Good article - I remember listening to Kenneth Horne when I was a child. and thinking it was very funny even though the reason why went straight over my head. It is much funnier now.

But I always find it difficult to believe that any premiership footballer can write so intelligently so frequently and so thoughtfullty on such a wide range of subjects.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
But I always find it difficult to believe that any premiership footballer can write so intelligently so frequently and so thoughtfullty on such a wide range of subjects.

Premiershipfootballerwithbrainaphobia?

edit: I didn't put that space in!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here