Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Millwall vs Palace thread

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I want it as far removed from an official match thread as possible to lump loads of bad luck on palace :)
What are your thoughts, feelings and predictions? I've got a feeling millwall will win this,a bruising encounter with plenty of crunching tackles and red cards flying about just in case our little chums from up the road sneak a play off place.

BBC Sport - Millwall v Crystal Palace

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Quite happy for Palace to finish 5th, but I'd prefer they need a result on Saturday, so they don't get the luxury of resting players.
So, in summary, a mass brawl with 3 Palace sent off.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Palace to lose, with 3 straight red cards and 4 serious injuries....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't really look beyond the fact that it would be best to have 4th place in the bag before Saturday, so Palace loss ( or draw) please.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
On Sunday morning, it occurred to me that "Millwall 0 Nottingham Forest 1" was significant. It meant that Millwall will be fighting like cats tonight, that Forest moved closer to Palace in the table and, if it does go Millwall's way this evening, that Peterborough will have even greater reason to lay down their lives on Saturday in a twitchy Selhurst Park.

Can but hope.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Murray to get sent off for being persistantly offside, and Zaha to be sent off for persistant diving, and Speroni to be sent off for persistantly being a Palace player, while Palace lose 4 nil, would be a good result.

Edit: Actually, scrap the one about Zaha. Good to have him in the team know he's a manure player and his head or heart are not in it. I'm in no doubt, also, that Alex Ferguson has told him not to take any risks of getting injured.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
On Sunday morning, it occurred to me that "Millwall 0 Nottingham Forest 1" was significant. It meant that Millwall will be fighting like cats tonight, that Forest moved closer to Palace in the table and, if it does go Millwall's way this evening, that Peterborough will have even greater reason to lay down their lives on Saturday in a twitchy Selhurst Park.

Can but hope.

Yep, I thought the exact same - but only after Ulloa smashed in the winner. It really was the perfect set of results.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Palace to lose, with 3 straight red cards and 4 serious injuries....

4 serious injuries ? Not serious ones just niggling strains to keep them out during the play offs. Mustn't be nasty.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Personally, we should treat them with the contempt they deserve and not have a match thread on it at all.

They will lose anyway, so we can have lots of gloating and laughing at Palace threads instead.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Isn't it nice to think that Palace will finish below us again if they don't win? Again. After another end of season collapse. And after leading us by ten points and that idiot [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION] kept saying "mind the gap".

Very splendid.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would actually rather play Palace at The Amex first. We are on a roll, they are relatively struggling and a full house at home and an attacking line-up could really go for the throat.

Alternatively, we play away first, Gus goes more defensive and we allow Palace to get a head of steam up.

The last thing we want is Palace coming to The Amex and just shoving ten men behind the ball to protect a lead. This season we have struggled to open up the more defensive minded teams at home.

Get them at home, get a lead and then hit them on the break at Selhurst.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Isn't it nice to think that Palace will finish below us again if they don't win?
Yes, but they might win, so they could still finish above us.
I would actually rather play Palace at The Amex first. We are on a roll, they are relatively struggling
To finish above us they need to win their remaining two games (while we don't beat Wolves), so they'll be back on a little roll.
The last thing we want is Palace coming to The Amex and just shoving ten men behind the ball to protect a lead.
Palace aren't that good at defending, it's alien to them. And if we finish above them, there's every chance they'll come to the Amex without a lead to protect.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
3 reds for serious foul play, and 4 minor injuries (say, putting the players out for a month). But not to Dobbie, he's going to be fine.
:lol:

Talking of Dobbie - he seems to have turned something of a corner recently. Who knew?
Anyone know the terms of the loan as to whether he can face you guys should we make the play offs and meet you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here