Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At the theatre last night I sat next to ...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
... Gary Lineker

I don't recall seeing a celebrity in a more unlikely place. In fact, it was so unlikely, I wasn't convinced it was him but I just looked up a picture of his wife and she was definitely the person there last night. They were stuck at the end of the row in Chichester's small theatre.

I don't think that's going to be topped - unless I bump into Brian Sewell at Wembley.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spit it out boy, what were you there to see?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
... Gary Lineker

I don't recall seeing a celebrity in a more unlikely place. In fact, it was so unlikely, I wasn't convinced it was him but I just looked up a picture of his wife and she was definitely the person there last night. They were stuck at the end of the row in Chichester's small theatre.

I don't think that's going to be topped - unless I bump into Brian Sewell at Wembley.

He did tweet he was going there yesterday

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Here's another out of context celebrity. My wife, daughter and I were in Cape Town in February and in the small gym in our accommodation complex. Only one person in there aside from us and it was Max Beesley.

There's no punchline. That's it.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I once sat next to Andre Agassi at the theatre, for a comedy show. He had long feathered hair, that's how long ago it was.
Dustin Hoffman was on the next table at a restaurant one time, with
his family.

I ignored these celebs, so they were well impressed.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Completely IN context, but I was sat back to back with Kaz in Nandos at the Marina last summer. Jnr Bobkin's favourite player, but we decided not to disturb him as he was deep in conversation with his female companion (or mystery blonde, if you prefer the tabloid spin).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It wasn't an Evening with Gary Lineker - it was The Pajama Game at Chichester.

Still really astonished, most unlikely spotting since I saw Ross Kemp at The Taming of the Shrew (presumably picking up marital guidance tips)

TWO TRIBES

Jul 15, 2012
HERSTMONCEUX
5.30 Friday morning arrived at Gatwick for a flight to Glasgow arrived at the main terminal door and had one of those `after you mate`moments as I arrived at the door exactly the same time as someone else...
looked up and there he was... George Michael `` tracksuit and trainers, he looked knackered`` probably just slept on a plane....

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I sat next to Frank Worthington on the balcony of the Sportsman at Withdean

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This has just reminded me, sat next to John Bishop at Grenoble airport 3 weeks ago. Big Teeth :D

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I once stood behind Henry Rollins in the checkout queue in Waterstones in Brussels.

In other "standing behind celebrities in queues" news, I also once stood behind Roger de Courcey whilst waiting to pay at a petrol station on the A23. Although I did feel a bit cheated on that one, since Nookie Bear wasn't with him. Presumably he was chained up and muzzled in the boot.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
tonight down the gym i was working out next to justin marshall (ex-all black)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I saw Deidre Barlow in John Lewis in Cheadle the other week; and the original Tracy Barlow DJs at a bar in Manchester every Saturday. I've also seen Ken at the Trafford Centre, so just need Peter now to complete the set.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Back in the day l fell over Suzi Quattro's uneaten breakfast, which had been left on the floor outside her room at the Hamburg Intercontinental.

Do I get a brownie point?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here