Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever....

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Over many years watching Albion home and away....twice I have been hit by a football at a full rate of knots....one evening game at the Goldstone,was by the corner flag Northstand when Kit Napier hit a screamer which was deflected and smacked me a good un'...was helped back on my feet to chorus from the Northstand comics...Sign 'im on...sign 'im on.
Second time was at Yeovil away...they Brighton team were having their kick about before the match...I got a cup of coffee..was walking up the steps when Virgo had a crack at goal...the ball hit me in the chest...I was covered in boiling coffee and was bruised.
Anybody else been hit by the ball...?

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Graeme Souness mis-kick into the East Stand hit someone midway up and the ricochet hit me on the back of the head (as I was hard up against the front of the terrace standing on my milk crate)!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
@ The Goldstone ball shot in the crowd, I superbly punched straight back onto pitch & looked very smug with myself....my wrist hurt like hellfor a week

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Second time was at Yeovil away...they Brighton team were having their kick about before the match...I got a cup of coffee..was walking up the steps when Virgo had a crack at goal...the ball hit me in the chest...I was covered in boiling coffee and was bruised.
You could claim for that.

Withdean, clearance from the opposition which I punched back on the pitch, while shouting 'Yeah, you want some do ya?'.
Fixed

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
North Stand at the Goldstone during pre match kickabout took one full on the face from Paul Clarke - Bloody hurt but you cant show it - Tank aclnowleged with a wave of his hand - still hurt though

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
My mate got hit in the chest from a free kick at the goldstone, I felt sorry for the people behind who got covered with his coke :D

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Been hit on the head twice. Once was when I went to watch an England B game against France at Loftus Road. The England players were practising shooting and a ball hit me on the forehead at some speed. It was quite a weird sensation as I was talking to a friend, turned to see the ball coming right at me for what seemed like an eternity but was unable to move. It knocked me back and left me stunned for a few minutes and with a headache for the rest of the evening.

I also had a metal programme stand topple over and smack me on the head outside the ground at Wycombe about ten years ago. I had to be taken into the ground to be patched up but made the match.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Once, at Gillingham, the ball sailed over towards me and I ran a few steps and headed it back. I was more than impressed by the distance it travelled and the Albion fans, to my delight sung 'Sign him up, sign him up.' The smug feeling didn't last long however as I was left with a terrible headache and neck pain for around a week.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Once, during the pre match warm up in our last visit to Doncaster Rovers old stadium. I was stood behind the goal, not paying attention and the Doncaster players were warming up, next thing I know a ball hit me full pelt on the side of the head and the Rovers players started laughing. I blame Mark McCammon, clearly he was going for goal and showed his normal levels of accuracy. He also scored the only goal of the game that day the ****.

(I actually don't know who kicked the ball so I am going to continue blaming Supermarket Trolley anyway)

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Was about 12 or 13 (1970 ish) standing at the front of the North Stand at The Goldstone. During the warm up one of the Albion players hit a shot so high that it hit the underside front edge of the roof and rocketed straight down into my face as I looked up. Knocked my glasses off and my face felt as though it was completely flat but I refused to go down amidst hysterical laughter from my schoolmates.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Remember at Cambridge before kick off whilst the players warming up some woman caught it straight in the moosh. Seemed to remember Liam Brady coming over to see if she was alright.

Also remember that game, the Lino ( which was the correct terminology for a referee's assistant back in the day) only had one hand and the flag was taped to it..... Or did I just have some good gear that day. ???

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I took my then girlfriend now wife to the Bournemouth game where we vented our anger a little against the old board. I remember clear as day Ian Chapman hitting a ball and as you would, watched the ball moved to my right to avoid she failed to watch and move and WHACK full in the face knocked her off her feet!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here