Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banner for play-offs. What are your thoughts?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Hi guys,

I asked earlier where the best place is for getting a banner sorted and to everyone that has advised, thank you a lot.

But in the meantime, I thought I'd like to share with you my proposed banner for the play-offs:

Dl8wrOPDNv

Credit is down to [MENTION=8459]TWOCHOICEStom[/MENTION] forthe design of it as I'm shit at that sort of stuff :clap:

Thoughts?!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Pretty good :) Change 'but we have the last laugh' to 'We're having the last laugh' then it's perfect

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not sure of the message you're trying to convey.

If it's about sticking two fingers up to Archer, Bellotti and Stanley, I (though of course I don't speak for everyone) have moved on from them. Seems a little... late.

Just my opinion, like.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Don't do it. No banner no, no, no. Not after the banners from Brizzle and Ipswich backfired so badly. I mean that in the nicest possible way and know a lot of thought and work goes into them, but no. :ascarf:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I like it, it's just a bit wordy is my only negative thought, although I agree with the sentiment.

Archer/Bellotti/Stanley
We don't forgive
We don't forget
Brighton til we die

Bit simpler? I dunno...:shrug:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
What I would love to see, and it's been suggested on here before. Think someone even has it as an avatar now, and that the big flag with Tony Blooms head imposed on the Godfather poster. :bowdown:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Don't do it.

Like the idea of a banner but not that, reads very tinpot.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What about a giant cock with the legend "Parish" underneath it? You could do some spunk drips with the faces of kid Jensen and glen Murray in them.

Dec 29, 2011
How about a banner that celebrates Bloom and all he's done? A simple, "Bloom, thank-you" or something (people more creative could do better) would convey a nicer message we want for the play-offs.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
It is good but doesn't seem to read very well. It could do with a slight adjustment to the wording. If you do make it, you should send a picture of it in the Amex to Stanley, Archer and Bellotti.

Oct 25, 2003
Don't do it. No banner no, no, no. Not after the banners from Brizzle and Ipswich backfired so badly. I mean that in the nicest possible way and know a lot of thought and work goes into them, but no. :ascarf:

they were both banners about the opposing teams in those games though

unless archer, belotti and stanley take over one of our play off rivals it's a completely different scenario

surely it's about the fact that we've bounced back from the situation that they left us in

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As long as we avoid "better luck next time Palace"

D

Deleted member 2719

What I would love to see, and it's been suggested on here before. Think someone even has it as an avatar now, and that the big flag with Tony Blooms head imposed on the Godfather poster. :bowdown:

This is the way to go IMO.

Wouldn't want Archer etc on it and would even avoid the promoting of Poyet.

If it has AMEX and Tony Bloom on it you can't go far wrong, as they will be about for along time hopefully.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not sure of the message you're trying to convey.

If it's about sticking two fingers up to Archer, Bellotti and Stanley, I (though of course I don't speak for everyone) have moved on from them. Seems a little... late.

Just my opinion, like.

Agree with this.

That part of our history is gone, no need to keep dragging it up. It hurts, we remember and that's enough. Needs to be a celebration of now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here