Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Barnes trainer - Ball on a string

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
In the 70s did anybody else own The Peter Barnes Trainer Ball on a string, it was a football on a piece of string that you tied to your waist and could kick it away from yourself and would then rebound back in your direction great for keepy uppys :clap2:
Can anyone else think of any other great football inventions from 60s or 70s

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
peterbarnes.jpg

I remember seeing a 1990s version in Shoot! magazine but I can't remember which star they used in the updated version.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I hurt my nose using one of them when I was about nine years old, it put me off of becoming a professional footballer. Anyone got the number for Claims Direct? I feel a mass law suit coming on, the likes of which has not been seen this side of the film 'The Jerk'.

D

Deleted member 2719

I had the John Barnes one where a pie kept bouncing back to me.

I wonder will our Ash do one?

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I hurt my nose using one of them when I was about nine years old, it put me off of becoming a professional footballer. Anyone got the number for Claims Direct? I feel a mass law suit coming on, the likes of which has not been seen this side of the film 'The Jerk'.

Ever since that film I've stayed away from cans, in case they spring a leak.
I found my special purpose though, and the difference between shit and Shinola

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
didn't have the Peter Barnes ball on a string but I had the Peter Barnes haircut

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Never had a pair of these, but did hear about them. They were boots where the front studs swivelled, allowing the player to turn better. Were pulled after a number of people complained about sprained ankles.

Called the Tufspin

Tufspin.jpg

Attachments

• Tufspin.jpg
    Tufspin.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 520

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I had the Peter Barnes thing. Pretty sure it didn't last very long and THAT is probably the main reason that I didn't make it as a pro footballer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here