Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rubbish and Expensive 'Attractions'

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was on a school trip to the Sealife Centre today. It is utter rubbish. I'm amazed they managed to squander £3m on the refurbishment.

There is no way I would have parted with £17 to see that dark and dreary place. I felt sorry for the creatures.

Any other extortionate attractions out there that need outing?

I'd quite like to visit the London Dungeons (again), but the prices have always put me off.

What's the Brighton Wheel like? Worth it?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
London Dungeons since they changed it into a children's play area is utterly dreadful !!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The London Eye.

But only because I can't stand heights so sat on the bench in the middle with my eyes shut the whole way round!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Venice gondola for me. 80 bloody euros and that was 4 years back. Didn't even get a free Cornetto (or Boddingtons)

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
The Eden Project in Cornwall. Three massive domes full of.....plants. Interesting if you like plants I imagine but otherwise you shuffle round in a queue of tourists, looking at lots of green leaves. Give it the swerve.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I went to Drusillas last summer. I wouldn't ordinarily as I always thought it was more of a petting zoo than proper conservation.

Ridiculously overpriced and the poor animals were trapped in tiny pens/cages. I think it was £15.

Oct 25, 2003
the sealife centre is such a missed opportunity

an aquarium in britains premier seaside town.........it should be amazing

it probably makes money at 17 quid a pop but the range of sea beasts they have in there is, in my view, appalling

this area really needs better wildlife attractions....

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Museum of ghosts and legends or somesuch in Prague,absolutely pants, The waxworks in Dublin, so bad its funny, Bodmin Prison awful, but I spent good money to see them all!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good thread. When have you felt most ripped off...?

Some "Food & Drink Fair" at Glyndebourne which was about £15 to get into and then all you really got was a couple of cooking demonstrations and the chance to buy overpriced posh food from opportunistic vendors - never again.

"Winter Wonderland" at Hyde Park was on the cusp. Overall not disastrous VFM but included one of my worst ever purchases. Namely "Pick & Mix" that worked out around 10p per fake Haribo sweet..!!

The Eden Project in Cornwall. Three massive domes full of.....plants. Interesting if you like plants I imagine but otherwise you shuffle round in a queue of tourists, looking at lots of green leaves. Give it the swerve.

May I be a dissenting voice. Went there a couple of weeks ago with the family, spent all day there (and still didn't give all of it justice) and was really impressed how it has developed since I last went there just after it opened.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Clink prison museum, utterly shit. Wasted £9 getting, was boring, not that educational and literally can be finished in 30 minutes.

30 minutes you did well to make it last that long

I mentioned the clink prison on another thread a few months ago on the same subject of rip off attractions

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I mentioned the clink prison on another thread a few months ago on the same subject of rip off attractions
"NSC in shock repeat of previous topic". If I was only allowed to talk to my mates about things we'd never mentioned before we would have some very quiet evenings...

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Legoland, Windsor.

The entire day out works out well over a £100, even if you have an 'exclusive' discount (turns out everyone has them!).

Always so busy, so there are collosal and tedious queues for each ride, meaning to achieve 3 in a day is typical.

Complete waste of money, and the grottiest quality of unhealthy food served, making McDonalds taste like a Michelin starred restaurant.

Once bitten, twice shy, so never again. Their business plan no doubt is based on this ...there's one born every minute.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011

What were you expecting?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Legoland, Windsor.

The entire day out works out well over a £100, even if you have an 'exclusive' discount (turns out everyone has them!).

Always so busy, so there are collosal and tedious queues for each ride, meaning to achieve 3 in a day is typical.

Complete waste of money, and the grottiest quality of unhealthy food served, making McDonalds taste like a Michelin starred restaurant.

Once bitten, twice shy, so never again. Their business plan no doubt is based on this ...there's one born every minute.
I've been twice. Second time took Moshe Jnr. on my own (i.e. without Mrs G.) as I knew what a wind-up it can be. We had an enjoyable day, just, because he is easily pleased with plenty of sweets and crap food.

Coincidentally a Facebook friend has been singing the praises of the place today. I think he stayed the night in the hotel which presumably helps with early morning / evening access to the popular rides?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here