Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will finish third bottom?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Amazing scenes at the bottom of the table.

Bristol City are down and Wolves pretty much gone too.

But the remaining spot is wide open between 5 teams and incredibly (bar some mathematical freak scores) all 5 have their destiny in their own hands (stolen from the Barnsley forum)

There are five us in danger of that third relegation spot and we've all got our future in our own hands. Assuming there are no cricket scores.

If we beat Huddersfield we're guaranteed safety as our superior goal difference will take us above Huddersfield.

If Peterborough beat Palace they are guaranteed safety as their superior goal difference will keep them above us.

If Millwall beat either Palace or Derby they are guaranteed safety as their points total would exceed what either us or Peterborough can achieve.

If Wednesday beat Middlesbrough they are guaranteed safety as their points total would exceed what either us or Peterborough achieve.

If Huddersfield draw or beat us they are guaranteed safety as their points total would exceed our points total.

Every club with their future in their own hands. Every club can guarantee their own survival. But something has to break, because we play Huddersfield.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
That is pretty crazy actually, that not one of them necessarily needs to keep an eye on other scores around the country.

I think Barnsley will drop. Huddersfield have won 3 of their last 4 (scoring 3 goals in each of those 3 victories) so I think they should see off Barnsley, consigning their neighbours to League One...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's gonna be very interesting

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
That is pretty crazy actually, that not one of them necessarily needs to keep an eye on other scores around the country.

I think Barnsley will drop. Huddersfield have won 3 of their last 4 (scoring 3 goals in each of those 3 victories) so I think they should see off Barnsley, consigning their neighbours to League One...

Barnsley have been incredible these last few months.

If they had carried over their form since Flitcroft took charge over the whole season, they'd be in the playoffs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As I said on a similar thread this morning, it is remarkable that a team could realistically go down on 57 points, only five fewer than Charlton who would have gone into the final game with a mathematical chance of a play off spot if they hadn't conceded a last minute equaliser on Saturday!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'd love it to be Wednesday but I have a sneaky feeling it will be Millwall or Huddersfield that will go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here