Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rules of football as a kid.........

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i lol at number 4......i used to get a new ball from argos (black and white panels) - about £12.99 and say to myself "this is never ever touching concrete."

then about 7/8 days later i would paddy at a couple of mates or if it went on the road........

4 weeks later it was all grey, rock hard, and a bit of orange coming through.........when wet it had more mass then jupiter.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
"you knock, i'll ask" LOL as if knocking was anything, as the people inside did not know who was knocking - but it really did feel like a good deal at the time....lol

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We played 3 and in with no deflections.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
we played headers and vollleys were:

a header or volleyed goal was a point, aiming to get to 5.

if the goalie made a save from a header or volley he reset the score -1, aiming to get to -5.

if the outfield players got to 5 then the goalie was forced to stay in goal.

if the goalie got to -5 then he could choose who went in goal.

somedays someone was stuck in goal for HOURS.

probably better game and rules than the current worldwide 11 v 11.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
me and my mates still play 'arse' on a sunday before our 6-a-side league game. we are all nearly 30 :lolol:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
they missed out the part where if you LOSE headers and volleys you get the ball smashed at your backside as hard as your mates can kick it.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
they missed out the part where if you LOSE headers and volleys you get the ball smashed at your backside as hard as your mates can kick it.

This, and the dilemma in the designated kicker's mind about whether to go for power or placement. Power was always the answer though.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
we used to call headers & volleys England v Scotland

played in the street using a lampost as the goal,brilliant for sharpening up your accuracy (too many cars now)

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Number 10 is wrong for me. There was NEVER a rule about how hard you can hit it and 'goal hogs' just got frowned upon and moaned at, especially when they celebrated scoring the most when they had spent the whole game standing a foot away from the goal.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
we used to call headers & volleys England v Scotland

played in the street using a lampost as the goal,brilliant for sharpening up your accuracy (too many cars now)

We played England ,Scotland,Ireland any outfield player who missed took a turn in Goal until the next miss.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Number 11 was always a favourite of mine when I got bored of everyone thumping the ball into the distance for me to have to run after!! Great find!

Good memories, you wouldn't catch the fatties retrieving the ball for the play on scenario
Loved number 3 too, as soon as you lost used to ditch your favourite player as they were now shite and become another Brighton player

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
with 11, people used to be about 100 yards from the goal - AND behind it, and be tackling for the ball as if their lives depended on it.....lol....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here