algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You annoy me alot.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
At work on our annual kick off day, we had a comedian booked. He was called will smith....he has been on loads of stuff now, like the thick of it etc...anyway...it all started ok, but he obviously tried to sound out the audience....he told a mildly fattist joke and as people laughed he then went mad....the gay chuckle brothers. To me to you etc

Brilliant

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
The word itself if not an issue though, it is the context in which it is used.

Indeed, but football is trying to kick racism out, and thus the last thing you need is to hire somebody who does racist jokes, whether they are funny or not. Also, why waste money on him?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I find him funny, he used the N word about himself anyway - is it now a crime to be racist about yourself ?

If you dont like someone, dont watch them. A friend of mine is easily offended by joke but they dont go and watch Frankie Boyle for example !!

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Ill conceived at worst! Wrong man, wrong place, wrong time. Whoops.

Written warning to the bloke that booked him and put Hunter back in front of people with enough brain cells to understand his ironic brand of humour.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Hunter is a charismatic, lovely guy, but not all that funny (as much as you're willing him to be funny in a patronising white British middle class left wing audience desperate for a black American to succeed over here kind of way).

In related news - that German comedian with the slightly dodgy boat race is a very funny man.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Hunter is a charismatic, lovely guy, but not all that funny (as much as you're willing him to be funny in a patronising white British middle class left wing audience desperate for a black American to succeed over here kind of way).

In related news - that German comedian with the slightly dodgy boat race is a very funny man.

Henning Wehn.

Reg v funny but odd booking for PFA awards. I'd love that gig, it's almost five figures.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ill conceived at worst! Wrong man, wrong place, wrong time. Whoops.

Written warning to the bloke that booked him and put Hunter back in front of people with enough brain cells to understand his ironic brand of humour.

This.

WhingForPresident

Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It's all part of Hunter's act though, they should've known what to expect, or at least told him to refrain.. His humour was never going to go down well there was it.

Someone nice and uncontroversial like Russell "did you see this" Howard would've been perfect for this gig.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Indeed, but football is trying to kick racism out, and thus the last thing you need is to hire somebody who does racist jokes, whether they are funny or not. Also, why waste money on him?

Are the jokes racist, or lampoon racism?

MJsGhost

Remembers
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'd be interested to see what he actually said that has gone down so badly. It's not as if he would have been telling 70's style racist jokes is it?! If simply using the 'N' word (which he is very well known for doing) was deemed too risqué, then how on Earth was he ever booked?

I find him very funny - he's on at the Dome on the 8th June, then again 23rd Nov if anyone's interested

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd be interested to see what he actually said that has gone down so badly. It's not as if he would have been telling 70's style racist jokes is it?! If simply using the 'N' word (which he is very well known for doing) was deemed too risqué, then how on Earth was he ever booked?

I find him very funny - he's on at the Dome on the 8th June, then again 23rd Nov if anyone's interested

He is funny. That aside, if footballers found his brand of humour offensive then it just shows what a bunch of idiots they are.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Racist jokes! Perhaps they have gone over your head. As for the other 'American', are you referring to Stewart Francis, the Canadian?

MJsGhost

Remembers
Jun 26, 2009
East
He is funny. That aside, if footballers found his brand of humour offensive then it just shows what a bunch of idiots they are.

I would have thought the average footballer would have found him funny (I may be giving them too much credit), but the powers that be were having kittens about the press reaction to the N word being banded about at the PFA's gala do after the Saurez/Evra Terry/Ferdinand 'incidents' this year! As soon as someone thought it looked like the PFA were condoning use of the N word by hiring him, they went into PC-meltdown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here