Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whose your signing of the season?

Whose your signing of the season?

• Total voters

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
So here we are, going into the final game with a play-off spot secured after a fantastic season. This is in no doubt due to the number of fantastic signings Poyet has made but which one is your favourite or the one you feel has made the biggest impact? Spanish Dave who after his slow start has become one of our key players? Wayne Bridge who is a serious contender for the best ever Albion left-back? Or Leonardo Ulloa whose frankly incredible impact has propelled us into the play-offs? Your choice, poll to follow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ulloa for me, because of him we now look like we can score more than one goal a game and is a big part of the reason that we are where we are. We would not have made the playoffs without him imo.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I really can't decide between Aloha and Spanish Dave.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It has to be Ulloa, every other signing has just been building up to his arrival.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Kuszack, dunno how many points he's won us this season. kept us there or there abouts until Ulloa came along.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I went for the PIG this time. Some of his fingertip saves have been incredible. Saw his blunder at Birmingham, but other than that just lightyears ahead of the keepers we've had for a long long time. Brilliantly professional and constantly prepared. I love him.

Oct 25, 2003
we've gone from having league 1 keepers to having a premier league keeper....i just feel to confident with kusczak in between the sticks

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Ulloa for me as he has been the difference in us finishing the season in the play-offs and finishing around the same place as last year.

If he continues in this vein, he is going to be worth a lot more than what we paid for him.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Perhaps not the best , but the most pleasing signing for me has been Hammond , i admit when he joined i was a little sceptical and tried my best to understand the signing , over the last 3 months i now understand why Poyet is a football manager and i am a valuable member of the public secrtor workforce .

Hats of Hammo doing a bloody good job .

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Perhaps not the best , but the most pleasing signing for me has been Hammond , i admit when he joined i was a little sceptical and tried my best to understand the signing , over the last 3 months i now understand why Poyet is a football manager and i am a valuable member of the public secrtor workforce .

Hats of Hammo doing a bloody good job .

Have to agree with you on this one, Hammond's been unfairly slated on here when he has been very solid for most of the matches he has played

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The only ones that have been anything other than quality are Dobbie and Crofts. I think Hammond has done a good job and wouldn't mind us getting him in and selling on Crofts next season, regardless of which division we're in.

Still gone with Ulloa, but only because a player like him has eluded us for SO long.

On another note, the strengthening of our back-line thanks to Bruno, Bridge, PiG and Upson has been nothing short of miraculous.

David and Orlandi are cult heroes in their own right as well. And how much did we spend on these six players? The grand sum of eff all. Ulloa is looking a bargain for £2 million as well, will either fire us to the Prem this season or next or be sold for a ridiculous sum (or both).

:bowdown: Gus :bowdown:

Last edited:

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I agree with WhingforPresident. All of them except Dobbie and Crofts have played such an important part in getting us to where we are. I've also gone for Ulloa for his goals, especially against Palace.

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
Toughest NSC poll ever? I honestly couldn't put a ciggy paper between PIG, Bridge, Spanish Dave, Orlandi and Ulloa, with Upson, Hammond and Bruno very close behind in that order.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I am really surprised that Ulloa is less than 50%. It's not so much his 10 goals but Gus's comment that we would be in top two had he been here all season. That's got to be right - he's scored 9 goals in 15.5 League starts from which we have taken 29 points (W8 D5 L3). Extrapolating that is 86 points. Or another way, 7 draws into 7 wins (easy to see games when his finishing would have provided an extra goal) would give same result. If we don't go up, and he stays fit can see every possibility of auto promo next season.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I've gone for Ulloa on this. Made an immediate impact and it feels so good to have a quality centre forward leading the line. Wouldn't be where we are without him. Bridge and Kuszczak tantalisingly close behind, followed by Dave and Orlandi.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Very tight between koosh and Leo but with out Koosh Leo's arrival might not have meant as much.

In fact our league possession without him might not have made us as attractive enough to Leo in the first place!

So I've gone with PiG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here