Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone find their blood still boils over when Liberal Democrats call?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Got a knock on the door half an hour ago from the Liberals who are canvassing for the local elections. As soon as the nice old lady said the words 'Liberal Democrats' I found the ire rising and was unable to help myself from launching into a tirade against them. When I mentioned they had tried to kill my football club, she laughed nervously, whispering something about Falmer and Lewes. I said that whatever happened,I could never vote for them due to the way they'd carried on. As an afterthought, I added that Norman Baker could go and do one.

Now I am fairly mild mannered and although I didn't swear or become overtly rude, my reaction surprised me. I didn't realise how angry I still was about that councils shenanigans. Even now with the Amex built and success on the pitch as well, somehow that old wound has still not quite healed. Perhaps time will do it's work but for now, it's clear that I am not over it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I couldn't vote for them either, utterly useless, but as someone was saying the other day, people no longer vote "for" parties, they tend to vote "against" others and choose one by default. I find all 3 big parties pretty inept and not wanting to vote for any of them for different reasons, but if you looks at the alternatives, Ukip or Greens they're even more clueless.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
I was doing a bit of gardening at the front of my house last Friday, I live on a pretty steep hill, when a Mercedes pulled up and a chap in a smart suit approached me and thrust a leaflet in my hand. He just said "Conservatives" jumped back in his car and roared off. A few minutes later an elderly lady on a bicycle came wobbling up the hill, smiled and gave me a leaflet on behalf of the Lib-Dems. We had a chat about flowers and stuff and then she carried on up the road to the neighbours. I think I'll vote Lib-Dem this time.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Norman Baker turned up in my back garden on the evening of the last General Election.

It is to my lasting regret that I wasn't holding a bucket of water at the time.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was doing a bit of gardening at the front of my house last Friday, I live on a pretty steep hill, when a Mercedes pulled up and a chap in a smart suit approached me and thrust a leaflet in my hand. He just said "Conservatives" jumped back in his car and roared off. A few minutes later an elderly lady on a bicycle came wobbling up the hill, smiled and gave me a leaflet on behalf of the Lib-Dems. We had a chat about flowers and stuff and then she carried on up the road to the neighbours. I think I'll vote Lib-Dem this time.

I actually like that story!

Norman Baker turned up in my back garden on the evening of the last General Election.

It is to my lasting regret that I wasn't holding a bucket of water at the time.

He canvassed at my parents house in Ripe. I wish I'd been there. :D

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Got a knock on the door half an hour ago from the Liberals who are canvassing for the local elections. As soon as the nice old lady said the words 'Liberal Democrats' I found the ire rising and was unable to help myself from launching into a tirade against them. When I mentioned they had tried to kill my football club, she laughed nervously, whispering something about Falmer and Lewes. I said that whatever happened,I could never vote for them due to the way they'd carried on. As an afterthought, I added that Norman Baker could go and do one.

Now I am fairly mild mannered and although I didn't swear or become overtly rude, my reaction surprised me. I didn't realise how angry I still was about that councils shenanigans. Even now with the Amex built and success on the pitch as well, somehow that old wound has still not quite healed. Perhaps time will do it's work but for now, it's clear that I am not over it.

it will never heal for me
and anyway they are b****y tories

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here