Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion stat challenge

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I've been backtracking from 92/93 from SEAGULLS! The Story of Brighton and Hove Albion FC.

I've got as far back as 1954/55 checking out games in which we have lost, having scored 3 (stupidly misread your failed to win) and have stumbled across 11/9/1954 in which we lost 4-3 to Brentford. Sadly, they don't do sequences of the goals scored, but it was 3-3 at half time.

Will restart research for draws or worse and narrow it down for potential games. Someone else is going to have to work out 93/94 onwards, although I can't remember losing a three goal lead in that time.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I remember us coming back from 3-0 against Colchester at Priestfield (the game eventually finished 4-4) but don't remember a three goal lead being thrown away.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
19/9/1964 Brighton 3 vs 3 Bradford (3-2 at HT)

Ah ha...

January 10th 1953 FA Cup Round 3 vs Barnsley at Oakwell. 3-0 at half time and ended up losing 4-3.

Brilliantly done.

Fact is, I'd considered it a rare thing, and the most recent occasion being 60 years ago (maybe the only time it's ever happened) is indeed rare.

I remember coming back from three down to avoid defeat (don't remember the Colchester thing above); remember 3-0 down to Coventry (drew 3-3), 3-0 down to Liverpool (drew 3-3). Also, we were 3-0 down to Sheffield United but lost 5-4 (thanks Bob Booker).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here