Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying tickets for cash

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Can someone please explain to me why we have to buy the play off tickets online or by phone and not by cash at the amex or queens road ? What happens if you do not have a credit card or debit card ? This could mean some supporters unable to purchase a ticket . Poor decision by the club IMO

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Most of us have jobs.
Most have online access.
We don't need or want queues down North Street and in Falmer.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Can someone please explain to me why we have to buy the play off tickets online or by phone and not by cash at the amex or queens road ? What happens if you do not have a credit card or debit card ? This could mean some supporters unable to purchase a ticket . Poor decision by the club IMO

There are still people without cards?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Presumably it is much easier for the club to handle a big surge the moment tickets go on sale if they are sold online first rather than having a queue going out of the shop and down the road

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
What about people who don't have cards or cash? Surely the club should allow some sort of Medieval bartering system for those without either.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Who doesn't have either a card or, if under 16, access to someone with a card in this day and age?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Can you not buy a Prepayment credit card? Surely they accept them. In which case if they do, where is the problem

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Well tiger I'm sure if you telephoned the club and explained to them that you can only pay by cash and what options would there be I strongly suspect that some sort of agreement could be made. Assuming of course you own a telephone. If you only have cash you can use a pay phone, there's probably one of those somewhere in tiger land, normaly outside a railway station.

Then after trying all avenues you can come on here and attack the club.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
I thought by law you had to offer at least one method of payment that did not include a charge for using a debit/credit card.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The people on the club shop will all be on the phone trying to answer calls, they cannot deal with both surely, or expected to be, if you dont have access to the the internet or a telephone, im sure if you made a special visit someone might be able to help you.

but 'not having internet access' isnt an excuse, internet cafes will do the trick.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
What about people who don't have cards or cash? Surely the club should allow some sort of Medieval bartering system for those without either.

Only fair. I have surplus cheese in my fridge and hope to pay using this method.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

But then the club would have to make a decision on just how much livestock a ticket is worth; the arguments would be horrendous, people would be stood outside furiously debating the quality of their cattleat and, as day turned to night, the temperature would steadily drop leaving everyone would end up friesian to death.

All in all, probably easier to only take cards...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There are still people without cards?

Seriously who doesnt have some sort of card?

Who doesn't have either a card or, if under 16, access to someone with a card in this day and age?

I lost my wallet at the weekend and cancelled all my cards - the replacements won't arrive till the end of the week so I can't buy my season ticket reserved seat. So, the lack of a cash option is a real pain right now. I had to ring up a friend and get him to send his credit card details so I can buy my tickets - I do think the OP has a valid point: you can have a job and Internet access and still be without a card, as I know all too well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here