Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twenty is Plenty Campaign

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
So the Football Supporters Federation are trying to campaign to get away tickets capped at £20. Capping it seems very reasonable in my opinion.

If anyone's interested, there's some more info here and the petition is over here. Certainly not saying everyone should automatically sign it, but thought it would interest some on here.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It will never happen and never have any effect whatsoever.

Good intentions, but no chance of it making a difference.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If as a home supporter I'd paid £34+ for a ticket I'd somewhat resent away supporters paying as little as £20.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Generally "loyal" customers are the ones that get the discounts. Are you suggesting that you would be happy paying 50% more than an away supporter ?

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If as a home supporter I'd paid £34+ for a ticket I'd somewhat resent away supporters paying as little as £20.

But you'd benefit when you go to an away game? This, I understand, is a Bundesliga proposal as well. The main plank of the argument being that fans have paid a lot of money to travel and a cheaper ticket recognises this.

I totally agree with the poster who says it will not happen in England though. I reckon the Germans will introduce it though.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

With travel they will have paid a lot more for almost every team.

I'd be okay with us offering away fans tickets at £20 (with no travel subsidy) if they reciprocated.

There would be an issue about allocations given that we could probably fill the stadium and not have any away fans which puts us at a fairly unique disadvantage financially, but I think it would be worth it.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Generally "loyal" customers are the ones that get the discounts. Are you suggesting that you would be happy paying 50% more than an away supporter ?

I have no issue with this at all.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And most away supporters travel a long distance; is this not loyal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here