Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex by the sea.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
If we do go up to the prem, will we have to change the lyrics of Sussex by the sea? Due to not being able to go up, the song would be redundant.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably.

And if we get taken over by the Chinese, they'll change to 'Good old Shanghai by the Sea' :lolol

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The most worrying thing about this thread is that, I geniunely believe that the thread starter is being deadly serious.

How about we sing THIS, just for once.

Now is the time for marching,
Now let your hearts be gay,
Hark to the merry bugles
Sounding along our way.
So let your voices ring, my boys,
And take the time from me,
And I’ll sing you a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea!

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
How about we sing THIS, just for once.

Now is the time for marching,
Now let your hearts be gay,
Hark to the merry bugles
Sounding along our way.
So let your voices ring, my boys,
And take the time from me,
And I’ll sing you a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea!

This is what i mean

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
and we're going to aim for mid table and not go up or down.....for sussex by the sea....

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
The OP is probably too young to remember last time we were in the top division - and obviously still sang 'Sussex by the Sea' as ever?!

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I like the idea of a singer for SBTS, at least semi-regularly. It wouldn't have to be an opera singer (although she sounded good), but we must have some supporters who can hold a tune and would have the bottle to do it? I think it would be a great way of reinforcing the real lyrics, and a good pace, for the rest of us.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I like the idea of a singer for SBTS, at least semi-regularly. It wouldn't have to be an opera singer (although she sounded good), but we must have some supporters who can hold a tune and would have the bottle to do it? I think it would be a great way of reinforcing the real lyrics, and a good pace, for the rest of us.

Didn't we have someone warble something out last season (i'm thinking it was Watford, maybe Brum for some reason) - she wasn't too bad.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

Do they have to be able to sing? I like the idea of a slightly tipsy fat bloke giving it his all from the centre circle

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
and we're going to aim for mid table and not go up or down.....for sussex by the sea....

You mean "and we're going to aim for mid table and not go up, unless it's up the steps at Wembley for the purposes of lifting the FA Cup and/or League Cup, or down.....for sussex by the sea...."???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here