Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham has just been sent off for PSG - Video

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I can see why it was given. I saw he'd come on late and been sent off, pretty poor show from Le Becks.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Nasty, a leg breaker if he connected

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Apparently the red was for hitting the other player in the face (according to Yahoo News)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Does not look good from a sponsor's point of view. Unusual slip up by Beckham.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Looks like he is stamping in front of the player to block him from getting to the ball, depending on the refs view I can see why it could look like a bad challenge.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
What?!

He goes in to shield the ball from the player and get across him. He didn't connect because he didn't want to.. Never a red.

I think the fact that he drew his leg back so far before bringing his studs down was why it was given - At full speed as the ref saw it, even though he came nowhere near him it does look pretty awful

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Anyone who has played football can see that that wasn't a red. Went to shield the ball and went out of his way not to stamp on the player.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What?!

He goes in to shield the ball from the player and get across him. He didn't connect because he didn't want to.. Never a red.

Completely this. There was no intent whatsoever! At the very worst it was obstruction.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
He's unlucky there - I think it was just misinterpreted by the ref. It looked like a bit like stamping action but clearly wasnt on closer inspection

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Never a red - if he wants to connect with malice he would have. Makes an effort to avoid the player with the challenge. Then he shields the ball which at most is a free-kick. Ref is probably looking to get a big name in his book to tell all his buddies down the local bar "how he sent Beckham off".

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It depends on the angle you see it from I think this one the ref may have got wrong however I am glad they are trying to protect players from one of the worst type of dangerous tackle poor old Becks don't think it deserved what he got will be intresting how it is dealt with by the French.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here