Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton City?

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
WTF?
Is it right that Whitehawk are going to masquerade as Brighton City?
Will they move to Withdean as well?:(

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
:facepalm:

Please use search function!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yep. No problem from me!

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Tried the search function and it didn't work.
I'm not a total idiot!
Humour me and tell me what is occurring.
I live 2000 miles away.

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, someone mentioned in the pub tonight that Whitehawk were thinking of changing their name to Brighton City. (Judging by some of the the replies on this thread this is old news and so I apologise for not being a nerdy anorak who is totally up-to-date with the local non-league scene). Interesting choice of name seeing as Brighton isn't a city (it's Brighton and Hove which, if this is old news, I guess has already been pointed out). Plus it's going to look a tad grandiose when the money runs out and they're back in the County League. Good luck to them anyway.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A lot of negativity on the previous thread about this.

Some don't like the name due to the fact that Brighton is not a City in it's own right, but to be honest Port vale doesn't even exist...

Anyway, I really can't see this as anything but a good thing. Clearly though, it will take more, and they really have to sort their ground out if they are serious in their aims of reaching the football league.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Managed to find the previous thread.
Not everything works on here does it?
No offence to the Scoomers.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yeah, someone mentioned in the pub tonight that Whitehawk were thinking of changing their name to Brighton City. (Judging by some of the the replies on this thread this is old news and so I apologise for not being a nerdy anorak who is totally up-to-date with the local non-league scene). Interesting choice of name seeing as Brighton isn't a city (it's Brighton and Hove which, if this is old news, I guess has already been pointed out). Plus it's going to look a tad grandiose when the money runs out and they're back in the County League. Good luck to them anyway.
It's been at the top of the page for the last three days to be fair. Brighton City FC

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
What if they wanted to be called Brighton and Hove City, would they be able to ?
Just curious

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here