Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The whole guard of honour/saints saga...

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
What with all the talk of Arsenal doing for United today and seeing Burton do for Gillingham got me wondering whether there was an ever an explanation for Southampton refusing when we won league 1?

it seems to happen in every league all years, was this just simply a case of Saints being bad sports?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
They didn't refuse. Adkins offered it, Poyet didn't want it. It's a myth that they refused to do it, Adkins has got more class than that.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
They didn't refuse. Adkins offered it, Poyet didn't want it. It's a myth that they refused to do it, Adkins has got more class than that.

Fair enough. I thought I remember Adkins trying to come up with an excuse during at interview beforehand? Guess not though.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Who actually cares about this 2 years on?

It's called selective memory. It's because we love to be righteous about things.

We attack the Doncaster chairman for trying to score points over Dunk's tackle on Billy Sharp two years on, but don't mind bringing up some 'guard of honour' incident two years on.

We attack Spurs and Southampton for 'fixing' the outcome of the 1977/78 game between the two, but overlook similar happenings between us and Rochdale on the last day of the 1971/72 season.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Fair enough. I thought I remember Adkins trying to come up with an excuse during at interview beforehand? Guess not though.

There are two kinds of facts. True facts, and the Kevtherev facts.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

what the actual **** are you talking about?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's called selective memory. It's because we love to be righteous about things.

We attack the Doncaster chairman for trying to score points over Dunk's tackle on Billy Sharp two years on, but don't mind bringing up some 'guard of honour' incident two years on.
Isn't that 2 examples of things we're remembering?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

We attack Spurs and Southampton for 'fixing' the outcome of the 1977/78 game between the two, but overlook similar happenings between us and Rochdale on the last day of the 1971/72 season.

The whole Dunks tackle thing was INSANE. It was barely a FOUL.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Isn't that 2 examples of things we're remembering?

Yes. But the justification is for letting things go because they were both two years ago.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

It ain't up to adkins to offer it you bellend it is just DONE.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It ain't up to adkins to offer it you bellend it is just DONE.

Really?...you a manager now then are you?.Whatever the circumstances Poyet didn't want it.But hey ho no one will believe that either...Think im guuna give up on here people are so blinkered and refuse to believe anything even slightly anti Poyet..You can all fester in your own blind love..Just hope you don't cry to much in a few weeks time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here