Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the influx of bounced stoopidity stop you from going keyboard crazy, in the future?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Clearly we've all had a lot of fun at WW's expense, even though very few have acknowledged at the time of writing it wasn't too far from the truth.
Now with plenty of other d'oh moments coming to light, will you be thinking before typing, next season?

Arse I meant to add a poll.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No, no it won't. p.s. anyone want to have a sweep on the time of the first "Gus out" thread if we do go up?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Clearly we've all had a lot of fun at WW's expense, even though very few have acknowledged at the time of writing it wasn't too far from the truth.
Now with plenty of other d'oh moments coming to light, will you be thinking before typing, next season?

People don't bounce threads that aren't too far from the truths. The bounced threads were writing off our play off chances in mid March, slagging off Lopez after only a few games in English football and general Gus should be sacked and were clearly over reactions at the time. So, no it won't stop me posting my opinion but hopefully it might stop a few people from over reacting after we lose a game in future.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
This is a football forum where people discuss their differing views. Yet if someone writes something that isnt agreeable to certain types they get ridiculed and made an example of. For one thing bouncing threads months later is v unfair as the opinion is compketely out of context by then. At the time some people were frustrated, so what? That was their opinion at the time, people should continue to write what they think

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
People don't bounce threads that aren't too far from the truths. The bounced threads were writing off our play off chances in mid March, slagging off Lopez after only a few games in English football and general Gus should be sacked and were clearly over reactions at the time. So, no it won't stop me posting my opinion but hopefully it might stop a few people from over reacting after we lose a game in future.

But its just some people will do that, they will always do it, somd people react like that, others differently

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This is a football forum where people discuss their differing views. Yet if someone writes something that isnt agreeable to certain types they get ridiculed and made an example of. For one thing bouncing threads months later is v unfair as the opinion is compketely out of context by then. At the time some people were frustrated, so what? That was their opinion at the time, people should continue to write what they think

Oh, come on. The 'Spanish Dave - What does he do?' thread was ridiculous at the time. WW has form for reactionary nonsense, he deserves to have it highlighted.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Oh, come on. The 'Spanish Dave - What does he do?' thread was ridiculous at the time. WW has form for reactionary nonsense, he deserves to have it highlighted.

So what if its ridiculous? That was what he thought on the matter, theres always going to be all manner of responses and reactions from a group of thousands.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No, no it won't. p.s. anyone want to have a sweep on the time of the first "Gus out" thread if we do go up?

If we go up, 3 games if we don't go up,3 games.

It's a pity but with the combination of fans forums and expectations that's about it.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
So what if its ridiculous? That was what he thought on the matter, theres always going to be all manner of responses and reactions from a group of thousands.

He can post as much silly stuff as he wants. Nothing wrong with people bouncing it when proved incorrect (again). WW revels in it.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At the time of writing Dave was pretty shocking.

The questions asked were valid, the style in which they were done wasn't.
Hence this thread.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Which is all fine except you can't have a reasoned debate with them. I am not saying we should ban people if they do put reactionary nonsense on here but don't you get tired of all the Poyet out threads, for example. I know it is amazing to think considering we look like finishing 4th but there was a Poyet out thread, mainly from a couple of posters, after every game we didn't win in the last couple of months of last year. Does that really add anything to the board?

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Will the influx of bounced stoopidity stop you from going keyboard crazy, in th

Erm, what?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
At the time of writing Dave was pretty shocking.

The questions asked were valid, the style in which they were done wasn't.
Hence this thread.

The questions asked weren't valid. What is wrong with giving a player time to settle in a new country? The thread was pointless and he deserves the stick he has got for it since.

Also, if Lopez hadn't improved, we all know WW would be saying I told you so and gloating about how right he was.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Erm, what?

The questions asked weren't valid. What is wrong with giving a player time to settle in a new country? The thread was pointless and he deserves the stick he has got for it since.

Also, if Lopez hadn't improved, we all know WW would be saying I told you so and gloating about how right he was.
Nothing wrong, as you can see by my more balanced SD thread that predated WW by a couple of weeks.
Spanish Dave?

He's clearly the man now, but got off to a shaky start prompting WW to throw his toys out.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let's not re-write history here.

Dave made his debut in early Oct, our worst part of the season.
He was in and around the subs bench and didn't contribute a stat through till Millwall 18th Dec, when he slotted in the penalty.

From then on the rest is clearly history.

But lets not forget the 14 games prior to that, where he could have contributed and didn't.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Very much this.

Boards like this would be very boring if everyone was a happy clapper!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here