Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those who wanted Poyet "out" now is the time...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They will continue to want him out until he goes, because they simply don't like the style of football we play under him so will always look to find fault. We could be 6th in the Prem and some would still complain about our "negative" tactics etc.

They're missing our massively on one of the most enjoyable times in our history.

Last edited:

Goat lung

Jan 27, 2013
Get rid now and reinstall mickey Adams , he has proved his worth by promoting port vale and with his experience at the helm we may well win promotion

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He's absolutely turned around the season with two sublime bits of business - the signing we've needed for so long, Ulloa, and the absolute rock at the back, Upson. We've been a different team since. Players like Lopez and Orandi now have a genuine outlet to aim for and are looking like genuinely class widemen as a result. He's completely learnt from last seasons failings, packing loads of uneccessary loan signings into the midfield and hoping for the best. Instead, we're consistent and really seem to gel now, with players like Hammond making significant contributions.

We're not looking as vulnerable away from home in spells under pressure because we're so much better in the air now - partially due to the support from Ulloa but mainly due to Upson. It's unfortunate for El-Abd, but we've looked vastly more comfortable without him in the side.

Ulloa is an absolute class act, his finishing is great, his hold up play is outstanding and he is basically a better version of Glenn. The song lyric is there, 'we won't mention Murray anymore' - all the millions of posts droning on about wanting him back, we no longer miss him because we've finally replaced him, which is what we've needed to do since moving in to The Amex.

Where we are now doesn't mean the doubters know nothing about football, but it does mean they (and I!) should show more faith. But at Christmas time we were underperforming. Failure to be in the play-offs with this squad would have been an underachievement, and it did look as though we were going to have no more points to show for than last season. Some of the performances pre-Ulloa were dire, well below what is capable with this squad. But credit to the man, he got his signing and we've played some superb football ever since - turning it around when it looked like we'd thrown it away in the away games at Bristol, Barnsley and Bolton.

There's still loads of things I can't stand about Gus - 2 prime examples this week; wading into the Suarez thing again and pimping himself out to Leeds for no reason. But you cannot deny that he's played an absolute blinder in the last couple of months, and where we are now is about where we should be with a squad of such quality (which he has successfully assembled and deserves credit for).

Hats off to him.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He's absolutely turned around the season with two sublime bits of business - the signing we've needed for so long, Ulloa, and the absolute rock at the back, Upson. We've been a different team since. Players like Lopez and Orandi now have a genuine outlet to aim for and are looking like genuinely class widemen as a result. He's completely learnt from last seasons failings, packing loads of uneccessary loan signings into the midfield and hoping for the best. Instead, we're consistent and really seem to gel now, with players like Hammond making significant contributions.

We're not looking as vulnerable away from home in spells under pressure because we're so much better in the air now - partially due to the support from Ulloa but mainly due to Upson. It's unfortunate for El-Abd, but we've looked vastly more comfortable without him in the side.

Ulloa is an absolute class act, his finishing is great, his hold up play is outstanding and he is basically a better version of Glenn. The song lyric is there, 'we won't mention Murray anymore' - all the millions of posts droning on about wanting him back, we no longer miss him because we've finally replaced him, which is what we've needed to do since moving in to The Amex.

Where we are now doesn't mean the doubters know nothing about football, but it does mean they (and I!) should show more faith. But at Christmas time we were underperforming. Failure to be in the play-offs with this squad would have been an underachievement, and it did look as though we were going to have no more points to show for than last season. Some of the performances pre-Ulloa were dire, well below what is capable with this squad. But credit to the man, he got his signing and we've played some superb football ever since - turning it around when it looked like we'd thrown it away in the away games at Bristol, Barnsley and Bolton.

There's still loads of things I can't stand about Gus - 2 prime examples this week; wading into the Suarez thing again and pimping himself out to Leeds for no reason. But you cannot deny that he's played an absolute blinder in the last couple of months, and where we are now is about where we should be with a squad of such quality (which he has successfully assembled and deserves credit for).

Hats off to him.

Holy sh!t, our number one hater backing Poyet!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
... to admit that you know NOTHING about football and to forever hang your heads in eternal shame.
If they were capable of realising how little they know, the time would have been as soon as they made the comments. It's not hindsight that tells us they were wrong, we knew they were wrong at the time. Sacking managers is only a good idea when you can be sure of getting a better one to replace them. Seriously, who could we have got here a few months ago that is better than Gus? Look at Blackburn and Wolves - sacking Mick and Mark has worked wonders for them.

I imagine a lot of them will wait until the play offs and, if we lose, come on here and say I told you Poyet wouldn't take us up
You can even imagine some of them cheering as we're knocked out, then rushing to their keyboard (they won't have been to the game).

I want Bloom out, ok he paid for the stadium but what's he done for us lately?
That's not fishing, his joke is so clear he wouldn't be expecting anyone to take it seriously.
don't spoil it.... I was hoping to catch one at least!
I stand corrected :facepalm:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Hats off to him.

Blimey, well reasoned, accurate and not a fishing rod in sight.

:mad:

As regards the Suarez thing (and Leeds), he cannot win. The media know that he's a friend of Luis. As soon as the incident occurred, it was obvious that Gus would be hounded for his thoughts. And because Suarez is a personal friend of his he's bound to want to defend him.

I think you're wrong to say he waded in. If the journalists hadn't gone to him, he'd've said nothing.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I recall making a few comments:
1. If we didn't make the playoffs we should maybe look for a new manager. Stand by that one.
2. He should have ensured we kept Murray. Finally, after 18 months, he has found a replacement, but it was too long coming so I also stand by that comment.
3. He should not have let Cook go. With another full-back problem on our hands I also believe that was a fair statement. Cook has done very well at B'mouth and would have been a good squad defender.

Having said that, Gus HAS got us into the playoffs (well done, Gus), he has found us a very good striker, and he doesn't rely so much on the boring tippy-tappy now that we have Ulloa.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Players like Lopez and Orandi now have a genuine outlet to aim for and are looking like genuinely class widemen as a result.
You're trying to cover your own mistakes by suggesting the Lopez looked poor when you started that ridiculous thread. Of course all our players benefit from having Ulloa in the side, but Lopez is an excellent player with or without Ulloa.

He's completely learnt from last seasons failings
It sounds like you're trying to patronise Gus - like you're speaking from a position of authority and greater knowledge. Are you giving him his appraisal this week?

There's still loads of things I can't stand about Gus - 2 prime examples this week; wading into the Suarez thing again and pimping himself out to Leeds for no reason.
But how does any of that effect how our team have performed, and how high we'll finish? It doesn't. Gus is 'the radio', so what, who cares, get over it.

Hats off to him.
Good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here