Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back Four next week

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Painter, El Abd, Dunk, Greer?

Not Painter, think he demonstrated (by accounts) yesterday that he's got little to offer and didn't offer much at B'muff either.

If Palarse can catch us: Lopez, Upson, Greer, Bridge,

If not: DS, El Abd, Dunk, DS

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I want to finish fourth, to make sure we are at home second.

If Palace lose on Tuesday, our team could be very different on Saturday.

Spoon

May 31, 2009
Maksimenko? He is 22, shouldn't be a youth prospect anymore he should be pushing the 1st team.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Not Painter, think he demonstrated (by accounts) yesterday that he's got little to offer and didn't offer much at B'muff either.

Who is DS?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I'm leaning towards this too but momentum going into the playoffs is vital. Winning against Wolves is important whatever the Palace result. Whether it's important enough to risk players or not is another question.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm leaning towards this too but momentum going into the playoffs is vital. Winning against Wolves is important whatever the Palace result. Whether it's important enough to risk players or not is another question.

Fair comment

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maksimenko on loan to Yeovil is he there for the play offs or coming back to us. If he is coming back perhaps try him at left back if Palace dont win Tuesday. Back four could be El Abd Ince Dunk Maksimenko.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We can't play a complete back up team against Wolves. It is unlikely but if we did that and Wolves hammered us to go above Peterborough and Barnsley on GD in the league, the FA could punish us.

Obviously, without Calderon and Bruno (I assume he won't be fit), we can play a back up right back but other than that, and possibly El Abd getting a game, I would think it will be first choice even if Palace don't win next week.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that depending on Tuesday nights result Gus will bring in squad payers like El Abd Dicker Crofts Ankergren Dunk Lua Lua etc to protect the first choice players, all of whom have figured this season so could not be classed as a weak or 2nd rate side.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We can't play a complete back up team against Wolves. It is unlikely but if we did that and Wolves hammered us to go above Peterborough and Barnsley on GD in the league, the FA could punish us.

Obviously, without Calderon and Bruno (I assume he won't be fit), we can play a back up right back but other than that, and possibly El Abd getting a game, I would think it will be first choice even if Palace don't win next week.

Gus said after the game yesterday that he would play his strongest side against Wolves

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think that depending on Tuesday nights result Gus will bring in squad payers like El Abd Dicker Crofts Ankergren Dunk Lua Lua etc to protect the first choice players, all of whom have figured this season so could not be classed as a weak or 2nd rate side.

I think if a couple of them played, you are right. However, playing all of them would be classed as that. I think Ulloa, Buckley and Lopez (depending on the RB situation) may be given a rest but we can bring in Bridcutt, LuaLua and Vicente for them, which is not weakening too much. However, we have to be careful we don't rest too many and all six of those playing would be going too far.

Also, it would be great to go into the play offs on the back of 3 consecutive wins and a 9 match unbeaten run. I think momentum is a huge thing with the play offs and often the form team is the one who wins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here