Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Last time around: Brighton 2-1 Ipswich (1990/91) (10 mins) - We're in the play-offs!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I was surprised to see that this doesn't seem to be on YouTube already, so I've put it up. Thanks to [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] for supplying the VHS.

No awards for the quality of football on display here although Ipswich's lovely passing play would serve them well the following season when they became champions.

Euphoria from everyone at the end, not least [MENTION=13530]bhadebenhams[/MENTION], I suspect!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
nice

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
What a great day that was. I was Sixteen and in the North stand and I remember everyone going mental when Dean Wilkins scored. One thing missing from these highlights is the penalty save at 1-1 by Perry Digweed.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Brilliant video. Grea memories. What a free-kick!

I will admit...I was one of the scallywags who invaded the pitch from the North Stand when Willkins scored.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Brilliant. North stand at its best.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Last time around: Brighton 2-1 Ipswich (1990/91) (10 mins) - We're in the play-

i could have sworn good money he took that free kick from the otherside!

Same as that, Great memories though. Is my old memory fading or did Diggers save a penalty that game as well?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

What ground was it that was told our game had finished 1-1, middlesborough, Barnsley? And the fans staged a wild pitch invasion only for Deano at our end to smash home that glorious free kick and send us through. Also if we had beaten Notts county in the final, I believe we would have been the first team to be promoted with a minus goal difference (-6)
Correct me someone if I'm wrong

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What a great day that was. I was Sixteen and in the North stand and I remember everyone going mental when Dean Wilkins scored. One thing missing from these highlights is the penalty save at 1-1 by Perry Digweed.

Well remembered! Sadly, the 50 mins of highlights I edited the footage from omitted this rather significant passage of play...

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Maybe it has been edited as I recall Wilkins having 2 or 3 similar free kicks during the game which he skied!!

I was hoping to include other free-kicks by Wilkins from this match in the edit (as it would have made the final one all the more satisfying). However, whoever originally edited it down from 90 mins to 50 mins for the video release chose to omit them... pah! At least they managed to leave the goals in.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus

I remember inavading the pitch when the final whistle went and losing my beloved cap and the people I was there with! Worth it though.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Maybe it has been edited as I recall Wilkins having 2 or 3 similar free kicks during the game which he skied!!

I think he skied every free-kick that season bar that one. It was a great goal, here's to one like that this time round.

Same as that, Great memories though. Is my old memory fading or did Diggers save a penalty that game as well?

You're right i think the grey matter is letting us down oh and I absolutely love your avatar.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Where was the penalty save from Digweed ?

Omitted from the 50 mins of raw footage I had. However, I've just uploaded this news report.... and you can find it there

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Remember the Digweed penalty save being at 1-0. So many great memories of the day but looking at the footage brings home to me how poor we were back then compared to now. Real progress on and off the pitch....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Remember the Digweed penalty save being at 1-0. So many great memories of the day but looking at the footage brings home to me how poor we were back then compared to now. Real progress on and off the pitch....

Yes, these are the 'high' lights of the match. I've cut out all the sliced clearances, players lobbing up-and-unders into the opposition areas and tennis-style midfield exchanges where possession changes from team to team every five seconds.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i think this just shows how the game in england has improved so much.

i love the bloke in th west stand who shouts...

"think abaaaaaaaaout it" and "yaaaaaaaaaaaaar a yard to slooooooooooow"

lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here