Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What I would give to be back in Brighton.........,

livewire11

Banned
Feb 10, 2011
Moved to Perth in Australia 7 months ago. Been amazing seeing brighton cement a play off position this season.

However, I would give anything to be back in Brighton for the play off semis and the final (when we get there)

And who knows premiership football next year!!!

We are in a rich vein of form and will be so difficult to beat over 2 legs - wembley is in our reach!!

Come on the Albion!!!!!!!

I am cheering loud from the other side if the world!!

PS - weather and economy may be crap in England but it is a million times better than Australia!! Can't wait to come home and hopefully be watching us play in the promised land!!!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
You can't have sun all year & quality football guys, don't be greedy please :) Blackpool at home last week was the first game for 6 months I didn't wear thermals!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
However, I would give anything to be back in Brighton for the play off semis and the final (when we get there)
How about you give the cost of a return flight?

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Moved to Perth in Australia 7 months ago. Been amazing seeing brighton cement a play off position this season.

We are in a rich vein of form and will be so difficult to beat over 2 legs - wembley is in our reach!!

PS - weather and economy may be crap in England but it is a million times better than Australia!! Can't wait to come home and hopefully be watching us play in the promised land!!!

We wondered why there was some weird bird in your seat this season!

See you soon buddy.

Smashers.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

Did you emigrate or are you just here to work????

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
I flew back from Tokyo for the weekend for the 2004 playoff final and will be doing my damned best to do exactly the same this year. I have never lost my passion for this club despite living overseas since just after the 91 playoff defeat to Notts County. It destroys me that I can't be there week in week out like I used to with my A21 mates but by Christ is there going to be one big party if we make to Wembely again. Palace in the final please! COME ON ALBION

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
As much as I'm missing seeing Brighton going from strength to strength I'm not in any rush to jump on a plane back. Might have to gatecrash someone's house with Sky though, just so I can watch the playoffs.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I love travelling back for the games, I love the Laines and North Laines, I love taking in the vibrancy of the place for a few days, but I wouldnt swap it for the West Country at all.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It gets hot here, which will be fixed with air-con later this year, but being mortgage free and enjoying the weather for the time it's not hot, living the lifestyle in a big property, swimming in the pool etc.
Seeing the kids get better opportunities and living healthier, apart from doing bloody Facebook.
More than compensates for the feeling I got of helplessness and despair from the population on my last couple of visits back.
Leaving the country is a big step and I think it takes at least 5 years to get a feel for the new place and surroundings, too many people jump ship without giving it a fair go.
5 of the last 7 months were hot here so I can understand Livewire's view, but it is cooling nicely now so he should at least see the year out before deciding.

livewire11

Banned
Feb 10, 2011
Smashley, miss you dude!! Hope that female is being as loud and singing her heart out.

There is so little banter in Australia I have had to come out of retirement at the grand old he of 31 to try find some - not happy and way too old for it!

Up the cheese rolls!!!!

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean

Liam?

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
I have no regrets moving to Cyprus 13 years ago. The ONLY thing I miss about living in Brighton (Hove actually) (Hangleton actually) is the Albion.
Despite what you may have heard about our island recently in the media there really are no signs of poverty here as most of the people who lost their money were rich foreign investors and not the locals. Every other car is a merc or bm and 95% of houses are detached with 1/3 of those with a pool. It's beach weather for 6-7 months of the year (today is 36C).
Brighton is a lovely city but give me Cyprus anyday.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
As much as I'm missing seeing Brighton going from strength to strength I'm not in any rush to jump on a plane back. Might have to gatecrash someone's house with Sky though, just so I can watch the playoffs.

you'll be lucky if the play off final is on here it will just be a dodgy stream.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Worst thing I ever did was following the cash out of Brighton...now just homesick and financially trapped. One day...one day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here