Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warnock

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Did he just accuse our fans of racial abuse?!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He said "You should have heard the racial abuse he got at Millwall, and I'm sure today...." without finishing the sentence.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Defending Diouf and moaning about him about getting abuse, yet he can call him a sewer rat...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He said "You should have heard the racial abuse he got at Millwall, and I'm sure today...." without finishing the sentence.
It wasn't quite like that. He said (practically word for word):
"He gets abused like you've never heard, you saw the racial abuse he got at Millwall, he gets abused every game and I'm sure the fans there were"

So although he didn't see the game, or listen to it (like we did), he's sure our fans abused Diouf.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Defending Diouf and moaning about him about getting abuse, yet he can call him a sewer rat...

Yes - just a tad hypocritical. In fact he didn't call him a sewer rat, because he thought that would be insulting to sewer rats. the full quote:

"For many years I’ve thought he is a gutter-type of boy and I was going to call him a sewer rat but that might be insulting the sewer rats. I think he’s the lowest of the low"

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
And then Leroy chipped in with "...and they've (Brighton fans) got him sent off..". Yeah because we make the rules don't we!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Both CAUCs in my view

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
He did incinuate we racially a used diouff. Not actually saying it but hinting. Wan ker.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He did incinuate we racially a used diouff. Not actually saying it but hinting. Wan ker.

That's certainly how I heard it.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It wasn't quite like that. He said (practically word for word):
"He gets abused like you've never heard, you saw the racial abuse he got at Millwall, he gets abused every game and I'm sure the fans there were"

So although he didn't see the game, or listen to it (like we did), he's sure our fans abused Diouf.

And we did, from start to end and after. Let's not pretend otherwise, we goaded a response out of him. Stupid thing for him to do because he got sent off but he was well within his rights to do it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And we did, from start to end and after. Let's not pretend otherwise, we goaded a response out of him.
I thought you took the piss? Calling someone a shit Balotelli is not abuse. Was anything worse than that said?
Stupid thing for him to do because he got sent off but he was well within his rights to do it.
What exactly was his reaction? And how can it be both stupid and within his rights?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
No he didn't say we were racist. Was just trying to give a balanced pundit view that he gets stick and reacts to it.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
No he didn't say we were racist. Was just trying to give a balanced pundit view that he gets stick and reacts to it.

So Warnock hears Diouf get racially abused and yet fails to report it and then alludes that Brighton fans did the very same to get a reaction out of diouf, which then got him sent off?

Utter bollocks, and Warnock needs to be fined for not reporting racial abuse at Millwall.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Listening to what McDermott said about the incident he said he took him aside for 10 minutes and spoke to him about learning from this incident and hopefully not doing it again.

At no time did he seem upset by it which you would think a Manager would if your player had got himself sent off for reacting to racial taunts.

Last edited:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Listening to what Warnock said about the incident he said he took him aside for 10 minutes and spoke to him about learning from this incident and hopefully not doing it again.

At no time did he seem upset by it which you would think a Manager would if your player had got himself sent off for reacting to racial taunts.

Why would Warnock take him aside? Who are you saying he is managing? Confused???

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I thought you took the piss? Calling someone a shit Balotelli is not abuse. Was anything worse than that said?
What exactly was his reaction? And how can it be both stupid and within his rights?

Chants of Wanker throughout, in numerous hand gestures that were just as bad and worse than he gave back. Lets not pretend otherwise.

There was one very loud chant of Wanker as he came out for his lap of honour walking along with a load of the players toddlers for christ sake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here