Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton or Leeds - gobby fan at work

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
There is a Leeds fan at work who I've had various discussions this week, he says he would rather be a Leeds fan than Brighton at this point in time because:

- they have more history than us
- they're a bigger club than us
- they're ground is massive and ours is a concrete shit hole
- we are a small town club with no fans

As I've pointed out, we have bigger home average attendances, elland rd is a dump and their history didn't get them any points this season.

Anyone else have to deal with blinkered, deluded idiots like this?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have three Leeds fans just like this at work.

Being from Huddersfield, we have a lot of banter anyway, but they are deluded

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
They are bigger than us

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There is a Leeds fan at work who I've had various discussions this week, he says he would rather be a Leeds fan than Brighton at this point in time because:

As I've pointed out, we have bigger home average attendances, elland rd is a dump and their history didn't get them any points this season.

Just tell him that Leeds played like relegation candidates this afternoon and couldn't match our super silky footballing style. Brighton winning 2-1 at Elland Road for the 2nd season in succession :clap:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Is this him?

leeds-fan-vs-tottengam-parecido-razonable-alien.jpg

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Their fans have shit teeth I noticed today....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Yes. We are not a big club, but the enlightened among us know that football isn't about supporting a big club. If it is to him, he'd be better off supporting Man U (that'll piss him off).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Changing of the guard.

History is great, but, well, we'll have a club museum for that soon :lolol:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Who cares about history. Leeds are a club on the decline and we are on the up. We have a better team, a better stadium, bigger crowds and a better manager. I know who I'd rather support.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Sounds like a pretty schoolboy argument to me. He's never going to admit that he'd rather be a fan of a rival team whatever the circumstances is he!
His reasons are ridiculous but are exactly what you'd expect from any rival club fans, especially ones who are probably quite envious of our new-found 'glory'. I'd have been more surprised if he'd openly admitted he's prefer to support Brighton because we've for a better team, in a better position, with better prospects, from a better place with a nicer stadium!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Huddersfield were a bigger club than Arsenal once. Things change. With the way football is now, we'll probably never have the chance to match Leeds' trophy cabinet but it's pretty obvious at the moment which club is on the up and which appears to be in steady decline.

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003

That first point is wrong. We were formed in 1901, they were formed in 1919, consequently we have more 'history' than them. Point out that 'history' isn't about winning trophies (where admittedly they have the edge), our history and events such as Hereford mean as much to us as winning the FA Cup in 1972 meant to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here