Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goals today v Leeds

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Didn't think the Austin or Calderon red cards deserved it from the highlights.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Brill thanks for that.

Not sure on the Pen but if it was a foul was it a professional foul, a little harsh I think.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
very sensible by ashley stopping Ulloa taking his shirt off.

It looked like diouf went for the overhead kick and the ref has thought he was pulled over. hardly a goal scoring opportunity either, he had his back to goal...

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Didn't think the Austin or Calderon red cards deserved it from the highlights.

I agree. Austin ran into Barnes rather than elbowed him. Also, Diouf was backing into Calderon as much as Calderon was holding him so I think the ref was just looking to even things up.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But those highlights didn't show anything of the Austin incident?

Have I given the wrong player's name?

The players have a shoulder to shoulder thing, but he pushes barnes with the side of his arm as they come together, like a strong nudge while shoulder to shoulder, Barnes then falls to ground holding his face. Austin (?) was away from Barnes after the nudge, so I didn't think there could have been extra stuff.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I agree. Austin ran into Barnes rather than elbowed him. Also, Diouf was backing into Calderon as much as Calderon was holding him so I think the ref was just looking to even things up.

The calderon thing wasn't violent enough to be serious foul play, and Diouf was stretching to get the ball, with his back to the goal at a narrow angle, it's not exactly a text book goal scoring opportunity being denied.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Don't think Calde pulled him at all, actually. If he did, it was with his left arm which we and the Ref could not see. But I think Oaf or whatever his name is went for the spectacular, cocked it up and then cried foul. Poor decision.

Great finishes for our goals.

Thanks for posting them!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Calde red is a shocker.

Looks like the ref was swayed by the Leeds fans calling for him to be sent off (which they seemed to do every time one of our players made a tackle).

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
How long is Calderon suspended for? We could also be without Bruno so may be a little short in that position

One game if deemed a professional foul and not violent conduct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here