Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion ex-pats: are you heading back for the play-offs?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm just wondering if those of us in the States (Portlander/KLS/Texas Seagull/Lyndhurst etc etc), or the Aussies and other members of the large Albion diaspora around the world are contemplating heading back to the Old Country to witness the finale of an incredible season?

Money is certainly tight here but I don't think I can resist the idea of heading over once the formalities of dicking Palace in the semis are out of the way. Anyone else contemplating the same?

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over in July anyway, now might have to make that May instead.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Would love to but a) I am about to start a new job and b) I will not have enough loyalty points.. Will have to settle for watching on sky and hoping (if we get there) that I can get the Monday off for the final...

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Don't envy you guys. I know how i'd feel right now if I was the other side of the world. Hope you manage it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Shame there can't be some kind of loyalty point 'concession' for those who are willing to fork out hundreds and travel half way round the globe to come over. (Cue mass OUTRAGE on NSC Message Board Powered by VBulletin).

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Absolutely, Harvs. With flights to Gatwick, it's Emirates all the way...

Whatever the result, a few glasses of something down the Nelson and/or Basketmakers is on the cards.

And we'll try and find Club Barcelona after that.

#originalNSCclique

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Whatever the result, a few glasses of something down the Nelson and/or Basketmakers in on the cards.

#originalNSCclique

You big old LEGEND. Hope all is well matey. #onceintheclickalwaysintheclick :rave:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Whatever the result, a few glasses of something down the Nelson and/or Basketmakers is on the cards.

#originalNSCcliquebeforegroovygangbecametrendy

The f/ing Groovy Gang are back in full effect! We might have to fly in DavetheEAAAAAAAGLLLLLLLEEE before things get too out of hand.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You big old LEGEND. Hope all is well matey. #onceintheclickalwaysintheclick :rave:

All's well, Harvs. Good to see you alive and well on NSC.

You know we'll end up talking about Barnet Seagull's yellow fleece, the Hove Beer festival and the Mitre Inn at some point...

#memories

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The f/ing Groovy Gang are back in full effect! We might have to fly in DavetheEAAAAAAAGLLLLLLLEEE before things get too out of hand.

We never really went away. :smile:

Don't forget Taffy. He's probably cheered up a bit more in the last few weeks.

Still, 'please stay off the pitch until Sam and the boys have completed their lap of honour' will always brings a smile.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
Sadly not - money/work put a stop to it. Hopefully we're playing Friday/Monday though so those days can be watching at the bar over lunch, and then the final is on memorial day so that's off work anyway, so it could be worse.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Play it by ear at this stage. Looks like about 2 weeks between knowing if we are in the playoff final and the final itself so still time to check out flight times etc. Would love to get back if we make it - problem with working on the States is that leave is always in short supply.

Spoon

May 31, 2009
Sadly not, had a season ticket for 5 years, and I choose the last 4 months of this season to go on an exchange semester to Singapore. So unfair!!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Most probably not but am going to look into it. Going to email a few places about flights today I think.

It's expensive coming from Japan, and I'd have to sort out work for a week or so.

But it might just be the very best holiday ever.

or worst....argh!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Been in the Middle East for 8 years. Usually around for the start of the season but made special effort to come home for Stockport final game of great escape season, Villa away in cup, Liverpool and Leeds in quick sucession at Amex last year. Oh and Charlton this year en route to the States.

Passing my season ticket privileges to friends for the home semi. Will be back for the final if we get there with my eldest who's 9.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Finances are saying a definite "NO" at this current time. Shame. Saw all my mates having a jolly today via Facebook up at Elland Road. Was gutted to be honest not to be there. Anyway got a feeling we will make the final and then it's a coin toss. I've got four days off over the weekend of the play-off final so not too bad.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Money's too tight, so sadly not. Will be in a bar with mates, who will have to drop their Wolves/Arsenal etc colours and become honorary Seagulls for the day.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Shame there can't be some kind of loyalty point 'concession' for those who are willing to fork out hundreds and travel half way round the globe to come over. (Cue mass OUTRAGE on NSC Message Board Powered by VBulletin).

For the relatively small number I'm sure the club would, they helped me out with similar in past (Palarse game). I'd give the ticket office a call

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here