Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Potter Studio Tour

As a change from the deserved "we're in the playoffs!" euphoria a question for the good family men and women of NSC.

Anyone been to this (the one in "London" which is actually in Watford)? Was it worth it, how long would you recommend for doing the whole think justice?

The youngest Potting wants to go for her birthday in July.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm not a Harry Botty fan, but I absolutely loved it having never read any of the books and only seen the last film, but none of the others. Just a brilliant experience from start to finish. We were in there for 2-3 hours and I could have done a lot longer. Butter Beer is recommended.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mini went there with his cousins, very good but flipping expensive

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Expensive, yes. However, it's absolutely brilliant and I want to go again. It's a brilliant and interesting exhibit whether you like HP or not.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Did it on Good Friday for my sons birthday. We did it in about 3 hours with queue jump as mrs was in her wheelchair (some of the best disabled customer service mrs has experienced throughout the day), don't do the bus tour as the bus windows have got signwriting/pictures on them and the people we spoke to said it was a waste of time and money. Worth paying the extra to hire digital guides (iPods) and you get a "free" souvenir guide which was about the best item from the day!
Book as early as you can but if you arrive early they just let you in on an earlier tour, the only guided part lasts about 15/20 mins then you can spend as long as you like walking around the rest. Make sure you take a decent fully charged camera (I took 200 on my phone).
Green screen pics are pricey but worth it.
Don't under any circumstances buy anything to ear in the cafe, stupidly expensive and food is very poor.
I can't stand HP but I thoroughly enjoyed the day, in particular some of the concept artwork and this model of hogwarts
7esa2u5e.jpg

And you can get a cuppa about half way around the studio :)

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
We won tickets for the preview before it opened to the public last year. Very highly recommended, but good luck getting through the souvenir shop with your wallet still in one piece. And if you try the Butterbeer be warned that it is the sweetest substance known to man.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
DO NOT even think about entering the souvenir store unless you possess the combined spending power of Mark Zuckerberg, that Napster bloke, Donald Trump, Bill Gates, Wayne Bridge, Tony Bloom, Sir Alan Sugar, James Dyson, Sir Richard Branson, James Khan, Theo Paphitis, David and Victoria Beckham, Ernest and Dick Knight. And even then I'd opt for the smallest bag of Hogwarts jelly beans to ensure you aren't embarrassed at the tills.

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
We went three weeks ago and it was fantastic. As a fan of the books and movies it was a brilliant inside look at the work of a movie studio. The layout and set up is fantastic but don't expect any theme park style experiences - it way too classy for that. We spent three hours going through the tour and it was fantastic to be able to take our time really poring over every artefact and exhibit.

We booked on the 9am tour (stayed in Permier Inn in Watford the night before) but as there is limited numbers per tour / per day there was no rush or difficulty in viewing anything.

Shop is expensive but just the way it is...

Loved it and as previously mentioned the concept art was incredible.

Thoroughly recommend it.

I have four mini Rabeens and I'd probably take the three eldest 14, 11 and 9 but not the littlest at 5. They all love HP but the little one would definitely not get it for the length of time you'd want to spend there.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
I went with my kids a couple of weeks ago. I did really enjoy it but it does depend on what you expect i.e. its not a theme park. You get to see pretty much all the film sets such as diagon alley and the main hall plus all the behind the scenes wizardry e.g costumes and props. I think they had something like 4,000 people working on the film and the amount of detail is incredible. It would definitely appeal to HP fans but also anyone interested in what goes into making a film like HP. We took about 3 hours to go round and I would suggest you take your own food for the reasons mentioned above. It's pretty easy to get to as its well sign posted and only 10 mins once you're off the m25.

Enjoy!!!

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
My girlfriend is Harry Potter crazy. She still watches the films at least twice a week, it is painful at times. She had been begging me to take her here for a while now. Might have to be done.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is it worth going if the kids have flown the nest years ago?

I was thinking of taking the wife one Sunday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here