Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Championship this season

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
The Championship this season could well prove to be the most competitive ever.

The average gap between the between the final play off space and the highest relegation place for a 46 game season is 27.3 points. The highest being 35 and the lowest 19. This gap is currently 13 points with one game to go.

We are certain to have the highest ever points total being relegated (current record 52) 22nd place now has 54 and also could well equal or beat the lowest points total to make the play offs (69)

Does this mean the league is better or worse?

And yes I have got too much time on my hands

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The Championship this season could well prove to be the most competitive ever.

The average gap between the between the final play off space and the highest relegation place for a 46 game season is 27.3 points. The highest being 35 and the lowest 19. This gap is currently 13 points with one game to go.

We are certain to have the highest ever points total being relegated (current record 52) 22nd place now has 54 and also could well equal or beat the lowest points total to make the play offs (69)

Does this mean the league is better or worse?

And yes I have got too much time on my hands

I think it means it's getting better. There's so much at stake, promotion = the promised land, relegation = 2 divisions away from the promised land. Wolves and Blackburn have shown that even with extensive premier league experience, that they're still relegation fodder. And that applies to everyone, look at Peterborough, they have a good chance of staying up. Wolves are condemned, Charlton may still have its chance to get into the play-offs if they win the next game, and those around them drop points.

It's a difficult, competitive league with a lot at stake. That's what makes it exciting.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
They came out with a stat on the commentary before the game: with 2 games to go, only 3 out of the 24 clubs were both safe from relegation and couldn't reach the play-offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here