Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is our greatest goalkeeper of all time??

Greatest between the sticks for BHA??

• Graham Moseley

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Eric Steele

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Mark Beeney

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Michel Kuipers

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Tomasz Kuszczak

Votes: 34 51.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
You decide!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bizarre list. There was a thread on here not so long ago debating whether Kuszczak was better than Grummitt or vice versa. There was pretty much universal agreement that PIG was the best since PG so to miss the latter out is very strange. The only other goalie in the last 40 years who comes close IMHO was Ben Roberts - and he's also missing.

And it's scarcely the greatest of all time - old supporters speak fondly of Eric Gill and Dave Hollins. Brian Powney played an awful lot of games and if you go back even further, Pom Pom Whiting is a club legend - but no-one alive will have seen him play.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I regret that no one will vote for Eric Steele, but I am glad to see him make the shortlist.

He was my favourite all time keeper until FDM arrived. Like Michel, Eric Steele played like he loved playing for the Albion. I always like that in our players. I like it when they appear to love the Albion as much as I do. It was controversial when he was sold, and unusually he came out on the the pitch at the Goldstone before a game and waved goodbye to the crowd.

And he can't have been too bad, as there are not many third division keepers from the 70s, who are currently coaching at Old Trafford.

So despite all the absent names from the list, and the fact that he was not The Greatest keeper of all time, for me he is well worth a :bowdown:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I regret that no one will vote for Eric Steele, but I am glad to see him make the shortlist.

He was my favourite all time keeper until FDM arrived. Like Michel, Eric Steele played like he loved playing for the Albion. I always like that in our players. I like it when they appear to love the Albion as much as I do. It was controversial when he was sold, and unusually he came out on the the pitch at the Goldstone before a game and waved goodbye to the crowd.

And he can't have been too bad, as there are not many third division keepers from the 70s, who are currently coaching at Old Trafford.

So despite all the absent names from the list, and the fact that he was not The Greatest keeper of all time, for me he is well worth a :bowdown:

The stylish Eric Steele also made it into the women's page of the Evening Argus in 1979/80
Eric Steele, the fashion king! | The Goldstone Wrap

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have voted for Kuszczak because Grummitt Corrigan Beasant etc were at the tail end of their careers when they were on the way down having been great keepers before they came to us but for us it has to between 2, Tomasz Kuszczak and Eric Gill

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have voted for Kuszczak because Grummitt Corrigan Beasant etc were at the tail end of their careers when they were on the way down having been great keepers before they came to us

Why do people say this? Kuszczak was 30 when he signed for the Albion, the same age as Grummitt. But as footballers tended to play longer 30 or 40 years ago, Grummitt was further away from the end of his career than PIG was. As it happens, PG did retire early but that's because he was injured not because he was old.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
PG had a distinguished career before finishing up with us but when he came to us he was not in the reckoning for gaining international caps, possibly due to the other keepers around, and not likely to move to a higher club. The same could be said for Beasant and Corrigan but not TK who could quite easily go to a bigger club than us if there is one and will still be in the running to play for Poland.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
In the end, it amounts to how good their performances are for us, rather than what career they had before us, what age they came to us or who they could have gone to instead of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here