Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please sign this petition (sorry if fixtures)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
:thumbsup:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Done. F**k off yet another shite Tory plan. Good to see that the separation of Church and State is well and truly...dead?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Done and put on twitter
how bloody dare they

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Done. F**k off yet another shite Tory plan. Good to see that the separation of Church and State is well and truly...dead?

Signed.

Need to correct this though - it's a Tory and Green plan.The search for land to build a school to religiously brainwash our kids was a joint venture between the Tory government AND the current GREEN council. Yes, a Green council wanting to building on a green site !!!!!

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Build it. The more schools the merrier, least I would stand some chance of getting a teaching job in Brighton, then I could watch headers and vollies at the Amex. Now that would be nice. Yes build the school.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Done.

That space is vital to the community. Already used by BHASVIC and by Stanford schools. The space is always in use by people and it's a vital open green space for the community. We need more space, not less.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I've signed this and put it on my FB page. Absolutely no community consultation. A ridiculous idea fro Gove - does he have any other sort?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I've signed this and put it on my FB page. Absolutely no community consultation. A ridiculous idea fro Gove - does he have any other sort?

Gove and Kitcat - don't letter Kitcat off the hook !

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Signed.

Need to correct this though - it's a Tory and Green plan.The search for land to build a school to religiously brainwash our kids was a joint venture between the Tory government AND the current GREEN council. Yes, a Green council wanting to building on a green site !!!!!

Happy to amend. F**k off yet another shite Tory AND Green idea.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm no fan of the plan, pretty much exclusively on the basis that I think Michael Gove is a turd but are you guys aware that it will only take up a fraction of the land? From memory I think it was around 10-15%.

I'm also pretty sure those blaming the council are barking up the wrong tree, they have no say over the location of "free schools." I thought I saw Tory & Green alike were backing "Hove against Gove."

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I'm no fan of the plan, pretty much exclusively on the basis that I think Michael Gove is a turd but are you guys aware that it will only take up a fraction of the land? From memory I think it was around 10-15%.

I'm also pretty sure those blaming the council are barking up the wrong tree, they have no say over the location of "free schools." I thought I saw Tory & Green alike were backing "Hove against Gove."

Sure this is space currently used for school sports and the reduced space will need to be shared with another 1000+ kids. It seems Gove's idea of an Olympic legacy is to teach kids Ancient Greek.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

The council were involved in the assessment of available sites - they may not have any final say over which site is "stolen" BUT they were involved in highlighting which site(s) were most suitable to the government.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here