Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You could not make it up !!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Actually, just realised monkey nuts are peanuts. That is stupid then!

Then probably not that stupid then.

I get annoyed with the health and safety gone mad culture, but not here to be honest. Since peanuts in an extreme case can kill better to label them as such.

Odd one peanut allergy. Increasing and far more common in middle class clean homes. One theory being is we are now not being exposed to enough nasties at a young age build up a resistance.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Then probably not that stupid then.

I get annoyed with the health and safety gone mad culture, but not here to be honest. Since peanuts in an extreme case can kill better to label them as such.

Odd one peanut allergy. Increasing and far more common in middle class clean homes. One theory being is we are now not being exposed to enough nasties at a young age build up a resistance.

Puzzleed here Clapham with your post. Peanuts come in all forms and Monkey nuts have always been known a form of peanut,so why do you need a warning ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Puzzleed here Clapham with your post. Peanuts come in all forms and Monkey nuts have always been known a form of peanut,so why do you need a warning ?

It's quite simple. Something that contains peanuts needs to say so. These didn't.

Monkey nuts are not a form of peanut so even you are confused.

It's a bit of a non story to be honest.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think his point is that given I, father to a girl with a peanut allergy, didn't think about monkey nuts being peanuts, then perhaps a warning is important. He has a point

how on earth can you have an allergy and not know such information about the nature of what causes that allergy? not being funny, i knew they were the same when i was kid (though didnt stop me telling my sister they are potatoe seeds, i think she still believes that)

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
News story of some note up here today,but what next 'don't go for a walk you might get knocked down' ? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-22308165

Was flying out on an scuba diving holiday last year and just before the trolly dollys came alone with our dinners and refreshments they announced that can people refrain from eating peanuts as we have a passenger who is allergic to them and basically could die then after serving our dinners they pronounced over their tannoy that refreshments of coffee, alcohol, chrips and peanuts are available :facepalm:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
some other classic cases of ' stating the bleeding obvious ' ...

On an American airlines packet of nuts: “instructions: open packet, eat nuts”

On a childs superman costume: “wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly”

On a Swedish chainsaw: “do not attempt to stop the chain with your hands”

On a sleeping aid: “Warning: may cause drowsiness”

On a box of Christmas lights:” For indoor or outdoor use only”

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Monkey nuts are peanuts still in their shell.

Which is what I said. Monkey Nuts are not a form of peanut, they ARE peanuts.

So entirely sensible they are labelled as such. I think it was the manufacturer who alerted the authorities.

Bit of an odd case, but you need to label peanuts as er.. peanuts.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
I think his point is that given I, father to a girl with a peanut allergy, didn't think about monkey nuts being peanuts, then perhaps a warning is important. He has a point

But the warning that is missing from this product should read
"This product contains nuts".
No reference to peanuts specifically so how would that help & how stupid do you need to be to not realise a packet of monkey nuts contains nuts?
Suffering from a nut allergy myself then the maxim is if in doubt don't take the risk.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Which is what I said. Monkey Nuts are not a form of peanut, they ARE peanuts.

So entirely sensible they are labelled as such. I think it was the manufacturer who alerted the authorities.

Bit of an odd case, but you need to label peanuts as er.. peanuts.
Ah OK, misread then :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here