Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No hot water - Any experts

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
My boiler is not producing any hot water, this started yesterday. It's not a gas boiler however, are there any Boiler experts on here may I ask?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is it a combi boiler ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am so so sorry, what does that mean? It only does the water and not the heating if that what you mean

It means you never turn a water heater on as such but when you turn a tap on the water is heated (if it is the hot tap)

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Then yes. I guess it is. The switch is constantly on and i just get hot water when I need it

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK somewhere there are two valves so switch them off then on again as it looks like the water pressure has dropped so cannot heat

BTW I am not a plumber but Mrs Hut fixed this last Saturday this way and she actually read the manual as well

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
your best bet is to call a plumber/electrician depending on how your water is heated. People on here could give you some advice but witihout looking at it in person i doubt there is much can be done on here other than resetting the boiler.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Would it be a pump issue? If there isn't enough water in it then it won't fire up will it, it won't work if there isn't any water to boil?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Likely it's a pressure fault. If you can find out where your pressure tap is (it may look like the hose tap on the back of a washing machine) then you can do this yourself. It should sit at around 1.5 bar.

I'm not a plumber but I do have this problem with my system. If this is your fault then it is caused by a leak in the system somewhere.

Hope this helps.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
PM me if you want to

Sorry, he meant to tell you, that you will need to quote your Groovy Gang membership number to get this service.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sorry, he meant to tell you, that you will need to quote your Groovy Gang membership number to get this service.

I have just booked an appointment with my doctor as my sides have split because that was so funny

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Likely it's a pressure fault. If you can find out where your pressure tap is (it may look like the hose tap on the back of a washing machine) then you can do this yourself. It should sit at around 1.5 bar.

I'm not a plumber but I do have this problem with my system. If this is your fault then it is caused by a leak in the system somewhere.

Hope this helps.

Ah okay. There one right next to boiler(Red) and one really low down by water meter (white) so guess its one higher up by boiler

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
My boiler is not producing any hot water, this started yesterday. It's not a gas boiler however, are there any Boiler experts on here may I ask?

If its a combi boiler you will have to turn it off then underneath the boiler you should have a valve which when you turn will fill the boiler back up water. Keep it going until you get about 1.5 bar then turn it back on again. I also am not a plumber but this is how I got mine working again. As already said you might have a leak in the system somewhere.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here