Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

-- HTC One --

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Anyone got one?
They look the bees knees but don't know anyone that has one yet, most seem to be waiting for the next iPhone or S4.

htc-one-black-white-640x492.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
My friend has one (he had a pre-release version, as his sister-in-law work for a mobile phone provider). He seemed to like it, although he has always been a fan of the HTC phones.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Still only likely to get 1 day battery life if using a lot which is still poor .

Only the Motorola can boast a decent battery life .

Saying that is a decent phone .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The HTC One and the Sony Xperia Z are the first two phones I've seen from the dark side that could turn my head from the slither of Apple beautifulness that stills holds my affection. They have the looks and build quality of an Apple phone - none of that ghastly plastic stuff that Samsung are still using for the Galaxy S4.

If Apple don't bring out a larger form factor phone later this year, and the indications are that they won't, then I may well jump ship. Although, by then, there'll have been another 762 best Android phone ever releases, I guess.

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Mine arrives today so will post later with initial thoughts.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
If Apple don't bring out a larger form factor phone later this year, and the indications are that they won't, then I may well jump ship. Although, by then, there'll have been another 762 best Android phone ever releases, I guess.

Pretty much the same for me. I'm still using the iPhone 4, haven't been tempted by any of the follow up attempts so the next iPhone is a deal breaker for me. The Apple iOS and physical build design need a complete re-write if Apple want to retain their majority share for the long term (and appeal to new customers).

HTC One looks amazing, but I find it hard to entertain the idea of a 24 month contract @ 36 pounds p/m as I currently pay 12 pounds a month with Giffgaff.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I've just got rid of my HTC Desire S .. and have to say good riddance as it was the poorest phone i've ever had.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I've had the one for a few weeks now, definitely performs better than my s3 which suffered music/browser crashes when multi tasking.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
My old HTC Desire is well overdue a change mainly due to measley amount of internal memory which was its achilles heel.

I'm firmly in the Android camp but its difficult to decide between the HTC One the Samsung S4. My view is that the biggest drawback of the S4 is the plastic build quality which doesn't make it feel a premium product and a tad fragile. To its distinct advantage is the removable battery which means you can swap in a spare and never worry about running out of juice when using all the features. Similarly the ability to upgrade the external memory with a bigger SD card is great for all your media. However, one issue that most people miss is that now you cannot move any apps to the SD card unless you root (the android equivalent of jail breaking an I Phone). The problem is compounded in that the 32gb and 64gb versions will be difficult to get hold of and expensive. With the bog standard 16gb being the one offered by the carriers those who like to load lots apps particularly complex high graphic games could have trouble. You also don't actually get a full 16gb after the OS system has been loaded.

The HTC feels like quality with plenty of METAL and 32gb of internal memory built in. However, the fact that you cannot upgrade the memory or remove the battery may be an issue for many.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
The HTC One and the Sony Xperia Z are the first two phones I've seen from the dark side that could turn my head from the slither of Apple beautifulness that stills holds my affection. They have the looks and build quality of an Apple phone - none of that ghastly plastic stuff that Samsung are still using for the Galaxy S4.

Makes you wonder why Apple don't just go against their values and release a 5 incher if they did then I'm pretty sure a huge % of samsung/HTC/sony etc fans would jump ship.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

i am toying with moving to the dark side and buying the sony one...should i be worried about my sanity?

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
HTC One is good. My daughter has one. I am still using an HTC Mozart. They are top notch. Good build quality and, if not 14 and sending a text every 3 seconds or listening to music all day, battery life is good.....

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
i have had a 3, 3gs and 4. i then went to the Sony Xperia Z and have never looked back. what a great phone and andriod compared to ios is just...

Spamhead

Apr 26, 2013
I have a HTC One X plus. I've found it very capable, very quick and good build quality. On a couple of tests I've done with it against my wife's Galaxy S3 it seems to be quicker, not sure how it would be vs the new S4 though.
I also use an Otterbox Commuter protective case and must admit to being quite clumsy with my phones, dropping and knocking them about a bit and so far it has taken all I can do to it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here