Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

16 Years Ago Today

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I wasn't there (bad fan!), but recently picked up a programme from the game at a bootie for 50p., and when I got it home, discovered a ticket stub for the NORTH TERRACE for the game neatly stapled inside the front cover :)

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Remember it well. Was there with [MENTION=2605]fozzie's headband[/MENTION] all those years ago.

But hey, look where we are now!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Storerrrrrr! Stuart Storrreerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I remember seeing a City fan with a Agueroooooooo on the back of his shirt, and I keep meaning to get my butt up the club shop and get Storerrrrrrrr on the back of an Albion shirt.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Is it really that long ago? It seems like only yesterday we were there but the Amex looks like an achievement that would take at least 16 years. I still miss the old place in some ways.

I still have a great pic of Storer's goal on my wall, a gents sign from the Goldstone bogs on my shed/office ceiling and a piece of the North Stand goal net.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
me and my mate went along without tickets, in the forlorn hope we might get one from somewhere.

We 'watched' the first half from that corner by the church behind the south stand. You could just about see a slither of the pitch. We went back to his for the 2nd half radio commentary so got to hear that Stoooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeerrrrrrrr first hand.

Not a lot of consolation for not being in the ground, but it was still a moment.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Just think, at the end of this season we could be in the top flight for the first time in 30 years, and would have had four grounds, and a fair few promotions and relegations :)

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I still have my ticket stub... it lives in a little box next to the stub from Hereford. Amazing to think that was 16 years ago!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Remember going home with bits of pitch in my coat pockets. Still have two West Stand seats in my garden !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here