Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Watford...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Could really do we them beating Leicester tonight, then a point tomorrow will see us over the line into the play-offs. It would be great to just enjoy the final day of the season, in my view Wolves aren't are bad as their position, a wounded animal is dangerous...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think they will, they need to otherwise 2nd is 0% chance.

This is the biggest incentive for me, they win tonight and there's an outside chance they could take 2nd. Just a hunch but the play offs without Watford and with Hull could be a lot less problematic

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is a silver lining with whatever the result is here. A Leicester win dumps Palace down to 6th and cranks up the pressure on them.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Personally I think were good enough at the moment not to worry about any other results, but a helping hand is always very handy, and a Leicester win would heap pressure on Palace who have a tricky away game at Blackburn tomorrow

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There is a silver lining with whatever the result is here. A Leicester win dumps Palace down to 6th and cranks up the pressure on them.

But keeps Leicester well and truly in the mix. I'd rather Leicester were gone as they feel like a much greater threat to our ambitions than Palarse plus the Watford out Hull in situ. No doubt at all in my mind about the desired result tonight

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm not going to worry about tonight's game. Our destiny is in our own hands - that is all that matters.

Also, I secretly want Watford to lose their last two games and us to win our last two; thereby putting us in third.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I'm not going to worry about tonight's game. Our destiny is in our own hands - that is all that matters.

Also, I secretly want Watford to lose their last two games and us to win our last two; thereby putting us in third.

this....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But keeps Leicester well and truly in the mix. I'd rather Leicester were gone as they feel like a much greater threat to our ambitions than Palarse plus the Watford out Hull in situ. No doubt at all in my mind about the desired result tonight

All results are good for us tonight, in some way.

I have great belief that come the end of play tomorrow we'll have qualified for the playoffs, by our result at least matching that of Bolton,and maybe relying on Forest failing to win at Millwall.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
All results are good for us tonight, in some way.

I have great belief that come the end of play tomorrow we'll have qualified for the playoffs, by our result at least matching that of Bolton,and maybe relying on Forest failing to win at Millwall.

I've no doubt whatsoever we'll make the play offs (gulp!) and it comes down to who I'd prefer the other 3 to be. In my case that would be Hull, Palarse and Forest .. it would take a minor miracle to get those but a win for Watford tonight would be a start.

But like you say any result tonight has an element of goodness to it!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

With you on that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Come on Leicester - let's pile the pressure on those bottlers from up the A23

A win for Leicester sows the seeds of doubt in the Palace player's and supporter's minds with their very poor away form.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I don't know why people would sooner want Palace to fail, than us to succeed. Leicester lose, we only then need a point tomorrow to get in, simple.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I don't know why people would sooner want Palace to fail, than us to succeed. Leicester lose, we only then need a point tomorrow to get in, simple.

The person who sits behind me said this during the Blackpool game - 'I don't care if we don't make the play-offs, as long as we come above Palace'.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I don't think it's one eventuality to the exclusion of another. Palace failing and Brighton succeeding are not necessarily incompatible!

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
The person who sits behind me said this during the Blackpool game - 'I don't care if we don't make the play-offs, as long as we come above Palace'.

If we finished 5th and Palace 4th, which looks like it could happen, I would be very happy with that. If we finish 7th and Palace 8th, it has been a flop of a season IMO.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If we finished 5th and Palace 4th, which looks like it could happen, I would be very happy with that. If we finish 7th and Palace 8th, it has been a flop of a season IMO.

That's part of my thinking, I can't really see any logic for wanting Leicester to win tonight. It might make life a bit more difficult for Palarse but it also makes life a bit more difficult for us. Would we really want a Leicester win if we go and lose at Leeds?

As well as that, are Leicester considered an easier proposition in the play offs to Palarse? Not in my mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here