Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knocked out in the play offs by Palace.......Could you cope?

Could you cope being knocked out by Palace?

• Yes

Votes: 46 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 43.2%

• Total voters

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Just allowing myself to imagine this worst case scenario (they knock us out and go up) and I don't know maybe it's because I'm so distanced from it but I don't think it would be as much the end of the world as some people are suggesting.

Think about it. They are totally unprepared for life in the Premier league, would get absolutely SPANKED week in week out and we'd STILL have larger gates than them even though we're in the division below.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Beating them in the final would be the cherry on our cake. I actually want them to make it to the final with us.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I could cope.

Our future is bright. Nothing will stop us, even if we don't do it this season.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I think as usual - it will be bad for a while - but there are a lot of worse
things in life, so perspective; it's only a game.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
They have had bragging rights by at least a division if not two for the majority of the last two decades. If we lose to them in the play-offs, then they still have bragging rights and will no doubt replace 5-0 and FFS Murray with said play-off victory. I would cope. HOWEVER, put the boot on the other foot, and it would be something they are not and have not been used to multiplied by 10. TBH I reckon a Palace fan would find it way harder than us.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
They have had bragging rights by at least a division if not two for the majority of the last two decades. If we lose to them in the play-offs, then they still have bragging rights and will no doubt replace 5-0 and FFS Murray with said play-off victory. I would cope. HOWEVER, put the boot on the other foot, and it would be something they are not and have not been used to multiplied by 10. TBH I reckon a Palace fan would find it way harder than us.

Absolutely. If we were to knock them out on our way up it would be a LOT harder on them than it would be on us.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
They might be unprepared for the Prem, they may get spanked and come straight back down, BUT, they would be £48 million richer. Enough to start on a new ground and begin to rebuild their tinpot, ramshackle football club. They would also have the bragging rights till my dying day, or at least until we did the same to them.

No thanks all round from me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Couldn't stand having to suffer the return of that infernal tosser Glenn Murray on here and his incessant gloating. I don't 'give it' on their board, so shouldn't have to 'take it' on here.

Far better that either Palace finsh the season 7th or 8th, or that they get knocked out by, say Bolton, in the the other playoff semi-final.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Getting beat by the scouse in the 2006 FA cup final was pretty devastating but it was nothing compaired to the heatache i felt loosing to those Palace slags in the 2004 play-off final. A whole season bolloxed in 90 minutes. I felt like kicking the dog when i got in...as well as the mrs and kids !!!!!

IF they did go up I would very much enjoy the Premier League refusing them entry on the basis that their ground doesn't meet Prem requirements.:shit:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If we make the play offs, and then dont go up i'm going to be bloody gutted whoever we lose too

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here