Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grant Hall ????

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Did we get £1.5m from the tribunal for his transfer?

And does anyone know if he has yet kicked a ball (or an opponent) for Spurs?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
He's played in the spurs development squad is all I know for sure, which is no different to here.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He's played in the spurs development squad is all I know for sure, which is no different to here.

+ I'd imagine he's on a lot more money
- I'd hazards a guess he'll never play a league game for Spurs

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
+ I'd imagine he's on a lot more money
- I'd hazards a guess he'll never play a league game for Spurs

Well we dont know that do we ??

He is captain of their Development Squad, which might indicates his age, probably one of their senior players but may also offer his status within that squad.

Not sure how much they paid, but I doubt anything other than £100 000 or so unless his contract has fashionable add ons, if it was considerably more than that, then Tottenham obviously felt that he had some chance of progression at their club.

I am not sure we should judge, he wasnt too close to our own first team and we do not know what Poyet said to him, so if your going to be on the fringe, just as well be on a Premiership fringe !!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

He is captain of their Development Squad, which might indicates his age, probably one of their senior players but may also offer his status within that squad.

Not sure how much they paid, but I doubt anything other than £100 000 or so unless his contract has fashionable add ons, if it was considerably more than that, then Tottenham obviously felt that he had some chance of progression at their club.

I am not sure we should judge, he wasnt too close to our own first team and we do not know what Poyet said to him, so if your going to be on the fringe, just as well be on a Premiership fringe !!

You can't say fairer than that.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

It was more than 100k I can tell you that much.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I do see his uncle from time to time, but when I have asked about Grant and how he is doing, he never seems to know anything, which I guess is a safe option for him.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
As previously stated he's captain of the U21 team/Developement squad & given the fact Spurs have absolutely NO strength in depth, I'd say he'll make make the bench a few times next season.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Good, then as explained this is a good indicator of how Spurs view him and offers an insight to how he might progress within that club.

Well no, since he turned down our contract offer and went to Spurs on a free it's more to do with how highly the tribunal rate him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well no, since he turned down our contract offer and went to Spurs on a free it's more to do with how highly the tribunal rate him.

I pretty sure that there never was a tribunal? I thought that Spurs reached an agreement with us, to prevent it going to tribunal.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Even if there was a tribunal, Spurs have enough knowledge of its process to know a range of any likely fee and I dont think they would be bound by its decision to sign him if they felt it was unacceptable.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
from bbc sports website

Tottenham defender Grant Hall is training with Swindon Town this week prior to a proposed loan move to the League One club from Tottenham, reports the Swindon Advertiser.

The Advertiser claims the highly rated defender will be looked at by manager Kevin MacDonald and his coaching staff ahead of a potential season-long switch.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
from bbc sports website

Tottenham defender Grant Hall is training with Swindon Town this week prior to a proposed loan move to the League One club from Tottenham, reports the Swindon Advertiser.

The Advertiser claims the highly rated defender will be looked at by manager Kevin MacDonald and his coaching staff ahead of a potential season-long switch.

Should have done a Steve Cook in the first place.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Will be extremely good in L1. Knowing he's there the whole season too means both sides will invest time and energy into development. Good move for a good player if true.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here