Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New railway link to London

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
If Mr Baker helps to get another rail link via Lewes that would help Seagull fans from East Grinstead and Uckfield via Lewes to Falmer i may forgive him for trying to stop The Amex being built,it would also bring business to Lewes. Oh it will also improve the poor old commuters experience ?

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
If Mr Baker helps to get another rail link via Lewes that would help Seagull fans from East Grinstead and Uckfield via Lewes to Falmer i may forgive him for trying to stop The Amex being built,it would also bring business to Lewes. Oh it will also improve the poor old commuters experience ?

fant.JPG

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Never going to happen and it's been ruled out. Who will pay for tunnels and fantasy ideas of "2 tier" track through South London - that's what the BML2 is.

Going from Brighton to London via Uckfield will take longer and would only be used as a diversion route every couple of weeks - it's just not needed. Improve bus links between Uckfield and Lewes, that's all that's needed and it's much cheaper. Even upgrading the current mainline would be cheaper !!

Oh and Baker himself is against it, not value for money and it costs too much.

The serious obstacles to providing adequate capacity between Brighton and London are in the Croydon area. No amount of extra line capacity in Sussex is going to overcome the problem until this is sorted out.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Or we could always spend 16 billion pounds on a track from London to Birmingham that gets us there 20 minutes quicker, nah that would never happen, not in prosperity or austerity, why would it? (bye, bye my flat)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The serious obstacles to providing adequate capacity between Brighton and London are in the Croydon area. No amount of extra line capacity in Sussex is going to overcome the problem until this is sorted out.

Demolish Croydon/Norwood ?

That will sort the congested area out as well as massively improving the area !!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I bow to you my Lord your wisdom on railways is Brillant . I think a new line would be popular if it avoided Croydon

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Norman Baker is as vehemently opposed to this scheme as he was to the Amex!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Demolish Croydon/Norwood ?

That will sort the congested area out as well as massively improving the area !!

see, thats exactly the sort of progressive thinking we need. two problems solved.

i also wonder if they need to do something about the line between HH and Brighton.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
see, thats exactly the sort of progressive thinking we need. two problems solved.

i also wonder if they need to do something about the line between HH and Brighton.

If there was room, it would have had 4 tracks instead of 2 already but Burgess Hill, Hassocks and most of Preston Park is in the way.

An upgrade of the line between Lewes and Brighton is happening soon so that would make it a better diversion route.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Same here - got to the station - saw a screen full of Delayed and Cancelled... came home, delay repay.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Same here - got to the station - saw a screen full of Delayed and Cancelled... came home, delay repay.

Oooh - forgot the delay repay. Good point. Not been a good week on the trains. Tues - diverted to Vic, Weds - 40 mins late, today - no trains. Great.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never in a million years

Sent from my iPhone on a cheap brand spanking new M10 tram to work which runs every 5 minutes.

#smug

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Need to sort out the existing shitty line first. Another half million man-hours lost productivity for the economy this morning. These ***** have got knocking out the whole line down to a fine art now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Need to sort out the existing shitty line first. Another half million man-hours lost productivity for the economy this morning. These ***** have got knocking out the whole line down to a fine art now.

On a serious note what has happened the past four months or so? It has seriously deteriorated and its debatable if its now fit for service. At one point, for 2-3 weeks, it seemed it was carnage every day. I feel for you guys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here