Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Great Escape 2013** 16-18 May

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Once again hundreds of largely unknown bands will be playing at venues across the city - and thankfully it doesn't clash with the play-offs!

Here's this year's line-up:

GIGS The Great Escape

And the 'alternative escape':

THE ALTERNATIVE ESCAPE The Great Escape

Post your recommendations on what to see below.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can hand on heart honestly say I have never heard of a single band on that list......but the up skirts is a brilliant name for a band...especially for HITONY

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I can hand on heart honestly say I have never heard of a single band on that list......but the up skirts is a brilliant name for a band...especially for HITONY

Yeah, I noticed them! One you have to go and see just because of the name...

Apart from the few obvious big names, I'd recommend Teleman (ex Pete and the Pirates) and Young Husband - seen both before, both excellent. Our Lost Infantry are playing somewhere too (off schedule), also worth checking out.

Heard very good things about Findlay, Indians and Charlie Boyer and the Voyeurs, so will try and catch them as well. Apart from that, it's a journey into the great unknown...

Last edited:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Good call on the separate thread. Not sure what to go and watch yet. More daytime gigs than ever this year. Will try and catch Darkstar, Charlie Boyer,Findlay, Parquet Courts, Martin Rossiter, Unknown Mortal Orchestra amongst others. Probably be some last minute additions as usual. I remember the welcome addition of Savages last year.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Heard a lot about Teleman on Radio 6 and well worth a listen.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do any of them play soothing jazz?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Said on the other threads but so far I have enjoyed Lord Huron and On An On.

To me it looks like almost everything I want to see is on the Thursday night.

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
We Are The Physics are coming to town. Excellent. Can't get to Brighton but I'm going to their Brixton gig a couple of days beforehand.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Awesome event... and right on our doorstep! Huge amount of exciting bands. If you haven't been before... don't try and flit from venue to venue to try and catch individual sets as you'll end up missing the lot. Especially in the evenings.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One of the best dates in the Brighton calendar. Sadly I will not be making it this year; been to all bar the first :-(

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here